View Full Version : Dell Axim X5 Modem connection

lcgredz
10-24-2003, 12:02 AM
How do I connect the Axim X5 to my mail box using the AmbiCom 56 Modem? Have any ideas? Dell nor Earthlink have not been of any help.
lcgredz

PetiteFlower
10-24-2003, 03:09 AM
Ok wild guess here.....plug the modem into your phone line and use the connection manager to dial whatever number you usually dial to log on to earthlink. You should set up the connection just like you would on your PC.

lcgredz
10-24-2003, 05:38 AM
The problem is that the "normal connection" to the mail box , that you suggested, does not work with the Dell Axim X5. I do not know why. Has any one else encountered the problem?
lia

PetiteFlower
10-24-2003, 07:09 PM
Well, explain exactly what you did and exactly what the problem is and we can try...."it doesn't work" is a little vague!

lcgredz
10-24-2003, 07:33 PM
This is exactly what I and was told to do but it does not connect to my e-mail box. I can connect to the internet using the 56K modem.

Here we go:
1. in Inbox Clicket Accounts
2. POP3 appears which is correct
3. set up my e- mail address (same as on desktop)
4. entered name, user name and password on screen
5. server info
incoming mail pop.ix.netcom.com
outgoing mail smpt.earthlink.com
Finished
Is this correct?
Lia

shadowac90
10-26-2003, 03:15 AM
Something that roadrunner has is a web site that you can go to for email, does earthlink? if it does that might work. :?:

PetiteFlower
10-27-2003, 05:26 AM
Yes it sounds like you set up your email correctly but you have to go into the connection manager and set up the dialup connection, so your modem knows what to connect to when you want to check your email.

Sven Johannsen
10-27-2003, 05:58 AM
Here's what I have set up for earthlink.

Username: full email address [email protected]
Password: your password for the account

Account: Pop3 of course
Name: whatever you want to call it.

Incoming: pop.earthlink.net
Outgoing: smtpauth.earthlink.net
Domain: blank

Options 1/3
Connection: The Internet
Options 2/3
Outgoing e-mail server requires authentication : checked
Other two not checked
Options 3/3
Whatever you want

Works for me over AS pass-thru, Wifi to a broadband connection, both at home and at an Embassy Suites and the Airport, and 56K dialup to an Earthlink account

PetiteFlower
10-28-2003, 06:01 AM
It's not the email settings that he needs, it's the dialup connection itself that he needs to set up.