View Full Version : iPAQ 5550 Storage Memory

Ian Grier
10-23-2003, 09:37 AM
My iPAQ currently has 65mb of it's storage memory used up! I want to reduce this. I have removed unwanted programs but the storage memory has hardly reduced. I have no large files synced with my p.c. Any suggestions as to how I can get this down to a reasonable level?
Cheers.

DrtyBlvd
10-23-2003, 10:30 AM
This is going to be viewed as extreme, but personally every so often I just do a hard reset; it forces me to re-evaluate what I have on there in the way of programs whilst Outlook is a straight forward sync; eventually I reach a stage where I am happy with what is on there and it stays static.

Result? A more streamlined pda rather than one buried in weird 'off-shoots' of things that didn't uninstall properly...

Not to everyones taste for sure, but a necessity if you try lots of programs and things... at least for me!

I sort of liken it to the getting a desktop running the way you want it - reformatting and so on...

Itanium
10-23-2003, 10:49 AM
My iPAQ currently has 65mb of it's storage memory used up! I want to reduce this. I have removed unwanted programs but the storage memory has hardly reduced. I have no large files synced with my p.c. Any suggestions as to how I can get this down to a reasonable level?
Cheers.

Have you been surfing regular websites? If so don't forget temporary internet explorer files can take up quite some space. Don't forget to clean that up! And any other files under 'Temp' folder too.

Thinkingmandavid
10-23-2003, 12:41 PM
AGREED, clean out the temp files, also maybe installing a software that cleans your memory freeing up actual storage space, and putting some things on sd cards. If you dont need it right away sd it :wink:

DrtyBlvd
10-23-2003, 12:51 PM
Ah! :oops: I was assuming you had tried the 'obvious' so to speak - if not, try also WMR (Where is My RAM) from http://mypaq.net/ - might assist in identification of problem areas...