View Full Version : Mobipocket and WM2003 lockups...anyone else?

Jereboam
10-23-2003, 12:28 AM
I am beginning to think Mobipocket and WM2003 don't play nice together...I consistently get lockups whilst reading a book, either an original Mobipocket format book or converted with Publisher.

What happens is this...the application will stay open, but the page will just turn white, and I have to kill the program (which annoyingly also loses my place in the book).

Anyone else getting this before I drop them a bug report and/or try reinstalling?

Mobipocket is my preferred reader but reading books in ten page chunks could get boring...hoping it's just me.

J'bm

hpf
10-23-2003, 09:48 AM
I have a Dell Axim updated to WM2003 and the mobireader works well on it.
Which version do you have ?
Mine is 4.7.

Jereboam
10-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Also 4.7 build 410 I think which is supposed to be the latest version and specifies WM2003 support. Hmmm. I shall mail them I think.

Stress...can't read my books and I was just getting into Trust Fund by Stephen Frey... :|

J'bm

Jereboam
10-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Seems I might have unfairly maligned both Mobipocket and WM2003 on this...it happened with MS Reader too...same blank page, with the message, "this book is no lonegr accessable by Reader" - but this time when I reopened the book, the chunk of text I had been reading had actually disappeared.

Common denominator? My storage card, a 512Mb Lexar...good card supposedly.

Anyway, the same book from main memory now seems to work OK, although am still waiting for something to happen, and I am downloading Flash Format in the hope that my card is not shot. Will defrag and report back...

J'bm