View Full Version : Dangnabbit and Goshdarnit! I don't like my brother right now!

JustinGTP
10-22-2003, 10:54 PM
Hello all,

My first hard reset has come about. I am really mad and frustrated. My brother wanted to see the removeable battery. I said no, but he persisted. I let him look at it, but alas, he looked at it too long. I put it back into my 2215 and hit the power button, it would not go on. I did this serveral times. I then hit the soft reset, and it took a while to load. I knew what it had done. Hard reset. Damn. Now I have to remember what I have done to make it my own Pocket PC. I have to reactiviate all of those programs, download them onto the device again. :( I have to set up Bluetooth and Advantgo again, so much to do. I have to load themes, change settings, input information, put in owner information, customize start bar, rewrite and send over more Word Docs that were lost in the above precedings. This sucks. Just yesterday I thought that maybe I should have backed up, but then I thought I wouldn't need to, but then I remember that I can't take it for granted a do it. I said I would do it tomorrow. Now that its hard resetted, there is no point of backing up.

Man. This sucks. Oh, and the countless drivers to install aswell. :(

-Justin.

Pat Logsdon
10-22-2003, 11:28 PM
Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when my Axim spontaneously hard-reset.

A few days before the reset, I'd purchased Pocket Backup (http://www.handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&jid=CF64DF433XBA617E5X7438BBBED98415&platformId=2&productType=2&productId=34628&sectionId=0&catalog=30). I made a compressed, self-executable backup file (about 35mb) and saved it to an SD card.

As soon as the Axim was up and running again, I just popped the SD card in, double-tapped the backup file, and in 10 minutes I was up and running with my old programs and settings.

When I received the replacement Axim, it was the same thing - pop the card in, wait 10 minutes, and I had an exact copy of the old Axim.

Slick, very easy, and reasonably priced for what it does. You won't be sorry if you buy it. :mrgreen:

JustinGTP
10-22-2003, 11:33 PM
I should have learned! Ack

This is one total headbangin experience. :bangin:

delfuhd
10-22-2003, 11:56 PM
A great feature is the backup program in Active Sync, and best of all it's free. Just go to 'tools' then 'backup/restore' from AS, and it's there. I've used it through one hard reset, so far, and hopefully it will be the last.
Also the backup freature on your 2200 works well also, as long as you have a plac eto back it up (my backup file would be about 38 meg if i used that, and i cant spare room on my memory cards...

So good luck if there is a next time...

delfuhd
10-22-2003, 11:58 PM
Oh yes, and what exactly does the backup battery look like? Is it just like a flat CR battery like in the casio series?

Itanium
10-22-2003, 11:59 PM
Now that its hard resetted, there is no point of backing up.
Why not? What if, unfortunately, it happens again for whatever reason. I hope it doesn't but accidents may happen. And then you have to go through same boring and tiring routine once again. So better keep backing up normally. It never hurts to have a backup.

JustinGTP
10-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Now that its hard resetted, there is no point of backing up.
Why not? What if, unfortunately, it happens again for whatever reason. I hope it doesn't but accidents may happen. And then you have to go through same boring and tiring routine once again. So better keep backing up normally. It never hurts to have a backup.

Remember in my first post I said that I was going to back up tomorrow, but then "tomorrow" which is today, it hard resetted, so there was no point in doing the planned backup.

I will do a backup first thing, once the little beast 2215 is back up to full power! :D

-Justin.