View Full Version : Converter: Website to eBook

Talyn
10-22-2003, 07:28 PM
I just came across this a few minutes ago: a free Internet File Converter for PDAs (http://web2.colum.edu/palmconvert/) which will convert any URL you input into an eBook in either Palm/Aportis Doc (PRC) or iSilo formats.

xendula
10-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Sweeeeeeeet! And how can I read DOC or ISILO on PC/PPC , or convert for free?
Of course, one can also just save the html file as a MS reader lit file...

Talyn
10-22-2003, 09:46 PM
iSilo requires the proprietary iSilo reader, but the Palm PRC can be read by any reader that supports the Palm/Aportis Doc format, such as Palm Reader, µBook, Haali Reader, etc.

Jereboam
10-23-2003, 12:30 AM
Awesome. Going to give it a try tonight. Good find.

J'bm

hpf
10-23-2003, 09:49 AM
Mobipocket Web Companion does this also.
You can get any website (AvantGo channel = mobile website or extraction from standard website) on your PDA.

Unreal32
12-05-2003, 07:29 PM
I personally prefer to use Repligo, and change the web site into a Palm-readable version complete with all graphics and formatting intact!

pocketpcfox
12-09-2003, 07:24 PM
The multilevel downloads of the "Sitescooper" for Isilo

http://web2.colum.edu/palmconvert/convert-sitescooper.html

look more useful. I couldn't get it to work of course... using Internet Explorer on an old mac.

Blast!

Anyone had a successful run at this?

MLO
12-12-2003, 07:13 PM
You guys do realize that iSilo has its own, free, iSilo document creator, right? It's called iSiloX

I've been using it for years...first on Palm and then on Pocket PC. They keep making changes to it as well....very nice changes.

MLO

pocketpcfox
12-12-2003, 07:35 PM
You guys do realize that iSilo has its own, free, iSilo document creator, right? It's called iSiloX

I've been using it for years...first on Palm and then on Pocket PC. They keep making changes to it as well....very nice changes.

MLO

Yup. Tried it once on a PC at work, but now I'm stuck with an old mac. No luck on iSiloX for mac.