View Full Version : Problem with forums

mrkablooey
10-22-2003, 11:52 AM
OK this is a bit frustrating, maybe someone else knows how to solve it.

I come to PPCThoughts, click FORUMS and see there are new threads. Come into Just Chattin' and click the little orange button taking me to the first unread msg of the first thread. Fine.

By the time I get to the 3rd thread, I get "No new posts since your last visit." Any thoughts? Is my cookie expiring before it should? (what a weird question! :? )

mrkablooey
10-22-2003, 12:09 PM
I just noticed that my time was off a bit (DLST), by an hour. So fixed that until this weekend when I have to set it back ;)

See if that helps but any other suggestions are appreciated. As a forums junkie, I need a fix!

Janak Parekh
10-22-2003, 04:01 PM
phpBB is a little flaky when it comes to new posts, and depending on your Internet connection, it might get confused. What I do is to use the "New Posts" link at the top and leave that open, and then to open threads in new browser windows.

--janak

spursdude
10-23-2003, 12:10 AM
The new posts feature doesn't work for me unless I log out after I'm done reading and log-in next time I come.

PetiteFlower
10-23-2003, 06:10 AM
It does that to me too but only on the Mobile Forums, it works correctly on my PC.

mrkablooey
10-23-2003, 10:40 AM
It does that to me too but only on the Mobile Forums, it works correctly on my PC.

Mine is just the opposite!! I read the entire group of new messages last night on my 2215, but this morning I finished 1 thread before I got "no new posts".

:evil: