View Full Version : Find a Multiple Cigarette Lighter adapter in the UK?

DrtyBlvd
10-22-2003, 04:30 AM
Anyone any ideas? No joy at Maplin, nor via our friend Mr Google... I know they exist, just can't find one! (I can't find a prism for my daughter either, but that's another story! :wink: )

TIA

Iznot Gold
10-22-2003, 07:48 AM
Not quite sure what kind of adapter you're looking for but have you tried Proporta: -
www.proporta.com
Regards
David

DrtyBlvd
10-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Cheers for the suggestion Iznot -

I'm after an adapter that will enable me to plug two power cords into the one cigarette lighter - can't find one on proporta unfortunately :cry:

timbur
10-22-2003, 12:36 PM
How multiple do you want? - I can only find one with two outlets...
As for the prism?

Tim

(BTW try http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod740.html )

GoldKey
10-22-2003, 01:46 PM
At least in the US, they are easy to find, did you try an auto parts store or a mass merchant?

DrtyBlvd
10-22-2003, 02:06 PM
timbur! Star Man. :D

Thank you - that looks like what I'm after - I wonder, do you think you could 'multi' stack them? Anyone know? (Don't intend to, just idly curious!)

Re the prism - I've been trying to find one to sit on my daughters shelf under the window, as she has developed a fascination with Rainbows - when I do a search for one, I get too much back - everything that is angled glass appears to be reffered to as a prism!(?)

I've tried looking for Science equipment suppliers to schools, but not tripped over any yet....

GoldKey - You'd have thought they'd be easy to find - Stores might carry them, but online is always my first choice nowadays! Suprisingly, searchs yield little in the way of results, despite the large auto stores here having web presence...

timbur
10-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Glad to help anybody who references Lou Reed in their username AND David Bowie in their post!

Don't know where you'd go for a prism on-line but here in SE London we have any number of hippy/alt living/feng shui type shops & market stalls that sell that kind of thing.

Tim

DrtyBlvd
10-22-2003, 02:35 PM
:lol: Musical taste is not a matter of opinion ;)

Hippy stalls - mm - I'm sure I could find one up here but I am really after a large 'proper' one, rather than the varieties I think I'd find on those types of stalls/outlets...

The search goes on !

Powelly
10-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Halfords

Ive seen dual and quad socket adaptors

Powelly :-)

DrtyBlvd
10-22-2003, 09:45 PM
http://www.halfords.com/opd_product_details.asp?id=16610&type=0&cat=81 (Note it's a three way rather than a 2 or 4 though!?! Is it me or is the world strange sometimes?)

Aha :!: Good call Powelly - now why didn't I think to search for a "Multisocket" :roll:

Thanking you!