View Full Version : T-Mobile GPRS, iPaq 1945, & Nokia 3650

yodacai
10-22-2003, 12:46 AM
Hi All,
I have the unlimited GPRS plan from T-Mobile and connect my iPaq 1945 and Powerbook G4 via bluetooth to a Nokia 3650 to browse the web on the go. The problem (I think I have narrowed it down to this) is that when connected, I am unable to access secure sites like banks, or log into hotmail, or even access iChat (an AIM program) on both my PB and iPaq. Now, if I use my 3650 as a modem and dial into Earthlink, I can access these sites just fine. I called T-Mobile and they said that it is an "undocumented" problem (whatever that means) that their engineers are trying to work out, but until then, there is nothing I can do. Is anyone else having this problem? I have never been able to access these sites in the couple of months I have been a GPRS user, but have just now had the time to track the problem down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Janak Parekh
10-22-2003, 01:22 AM
Sounds like T-Mobile's getmorespeed proxy might be messing up SSL sites. Other than that, I wouldn't know. :(

--janak

yodacai
10-22-2003, 01:36 AM
Sounds like T-Mobile's getmorespeed proxy might be messing up SSL sites. Other than that, I wouldn't know. :(

--janak

If this is the case, how would I go about disabling the "getmorespeed" proxy? Interestingly enough, I can access hotmail and the secure sites using Thunderhawk.