View Full Version : Memory Card Reader

CorysWorld
10-21-2003, 03:25 PM
I am looking to purchase a memory card reader to use with my PPC's SD card and my digital camera's CF card.

I was looking at the SanDisk 8-1, it costs 31.99 Ecost and Amazon. Both of my Cards areSanDisk so I was thinking of going with this one. Any experience with this?
SanDisk Reader at Ecost (http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=25334)

Lexar Sells one for 24.99 but because I have san disk cards I think I should stick with a SanDisk Reader

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Cory

eustts
10-21-2003, 03:37 PM
I have a Sandisk card reader and it works well. I have had no problems with it at all.

I really like the atechflash pro-v. I ended up getting one, and really like that it fits into a 3.5" drive bay...

www.atechflash.com

CorysWorld
10-21-2003, 03:54 PM
Thanks, I think I am going to get the SanDisk Reader

The Atechflash pro is very neat, but I have a laptop so it is no good for me.

PetiteFlower
10-21-2003, 06:32 PM
I really don't think that it makes any difference if your memory cards are a different brand then your card reader. That's like saying you can't buy Memorex CD-Rs if you have a Sony burner or something. Plus that Lexar is generally thought to be a higher quality brand then Sandisk overall. So I'd go with the cheaper one :)

Jolard
10-21-2003, 06:42 PM
Also, keep an eye out for the Sunday ads in the paper this weekend. I have noticed that at least one of the big stores in my area (Fry's, CompUsa, Best Buy etc) has had one of the multi card readers for around $5 after rebates. I bought one a few weeks ago at Fry's for $5 after $20 rebate, and it has worked perfectly. It reads all 6 types of flash memory.

PetiteFlower
10-21-2003, 06:46 PM
The Atech drive is neat looking though, how much do those run?

Johannes
10-21-2003, 07:52 PM
Shop around for the best price, and don't neglect Ebay either. If you're careful and make sure it is from a reputable seller, you can find some very good deals.