View Full Version : n00b needs help : WMP 9 not wanting to read .avi or .mpg files ?!?!?

sysh
10-21-2003, 08:04 AM
I just got my iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC a couple days ago and am fiddling around with it (being my very first PDA).. So far everything's going alrite..but I'm having trouble with my Windows Media Player 9

when I copied an .mpg or .avi (video file) into my MMC Card and tried to execute the file by double clicking it .. it says

There is no application associated with "File name". Run the application first, then open this file from within the application..

What does this mean ?
I thought it would be pretty standard for WMP 9 to detect .mpg or .avi format files and read it as if it's a standard compatible file ? (you know you just have to double click on the file name with the WMP icon at the side).. but i can't.. the icon on the side was that that "flying windows" with the white background..

ok..being a n00b that i am.. I'm not sure what's happening.. is it cos my file's not compatible or is there something wrong with my WMP 9 ?

and how do you " Run the application first, then open the file from within the application ?? "

so far the only format it supports is .wmv and .mp3.. but most of my files are .avi and .mpg.. is there a way to deal with this ?

Thanks !

Fishie
10-21-2003, 09:53 AM
Perfectly normal, PocketWMP doesnt play mpg or DiVX or AVI.
Get the free PocketMVP, it plays mpg, avi and divx just fine.

sysh
10-21-2003, 10:07 AM

Ahh.. now somebody tell me... haha..thanks alot, dude.. so.. where can I download this PocketMVP ?

hollis_f
10-21-2003, 01:46 PM

Ahh.. now somebody tell me... haha..thanks alot, dude.. so.. where can I download this PocketMVP ? A Google of Pocket MVP should give a few hits.

sysh
10-22-2003, 05:12 AM
yea..it's working alrite now..thanks for the help

qmrq
10-27-2003, 09:47 AM
http://home.adelphia.net/~mdukette/download.html if memory serves.