View Full Version : SD Card Brands for my PPC

CorysWorld
10-20-2003, 06:19 AM
Hello,

I just ordered a iPaq 4155 (can not wait to get it) and I want to get a 128 or 256mb SD card for it. Is SanDisk the way to go or are there better brands on the market? Any help would be great.

Also can I install and run programs off the SD Card?

Thanks,

Cory

Anthony Caruana
10-20-2003, 07:56 AM
Hmmm... the topic of Sandisk card reliablity is one of some controversy. There are some quite polarised reactions. For some people, Sandisk never works and are unreliable. For others, the feedback is all good.

My experince has been (and I've had a 128 and 2 256 MB SD cards) has been all good. I can recommend them but I'm sure not everyone will agree with me

tanalasta
10-20-2003, 11:09 AM
I strongly recommend Panasonic SD cards. They are a little pricey but have a better reputation and tend to be slightly faster. Get the 256MB panasonic that has 10MB/s transfer rates over the 2MB/s found in the 128MB... its meant to be worth it! Of course, the overall speed also depends on your processor/machine.

Otherwise, sandisk is ok... as are the other brands. Sandisk apparently has a new line of faster SD cards coming up too. But overall, memory is memory and there's always the waranty if the card stuffs up.

Thinkingmandavid
10-20-2003, 01:39 PM
I agree, two camps, yes they are good no they are not. mmmm, what I would do is go to http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/showcase/default.asp?showcase=digital_media
They are always having a digital media blow out. youwill be able to get it cheaper than walking into best buy orsome place like that in my experience :wink: wiht that in mind, if you get a sd card that you dont like or isnt living up to your standards, then it cost you less money. I am assuming you will be shopping around. anyway, enjoy !

Thinkingmandavid
10-20-2003, 01:44 PM
OH, the scan disk 512 mb is 149.99!!!!
256 high speed ulta 2 secure digital 87.99
scan disk secure digital wi fi card 79.00
scan disk 256 sd 67.99

HA HA! I think you get the point :wink:

I have bought from ecost and I had a good experience. I purchased a D-Link wireless card for my laptop and had it the next day at my door step.

PoweriPaq
10-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Yes, you can run programs from your SD Card.

All of my cards are from the same company, SANDISK. Pretty reliable so far. Knock on wood.

I would get the 512mb, you'll never ran out until you stuff it with music and videos.