View Full Version : Looking for yoke mount for 2210

robepps
10-19-2003, 10:07 PM
I'm a private pilot looking for a yoke mount for my HP 2210. Doing a google search for "yoke mount" yields several available models, but they all look like they are designed for bigger PDAs (like the 5xxx series). Does anyone know of one that will securely hold a 2210?

Jereboam
10-20-2003, 12:31 AM
You need to pester these guys (http://www.ram-mount.com/) until they do a 22xx series cradle. I'm not sure if they do one quite yet, but a friend has one for his motorbike (39xx series) and it is rock solid.

I am sure you can adapt parts of their aviation/bike/atv line to hold the iPaq...a little diy on another make of cradle to fit a RAM mount might even do the trick.

They are your best bet...

J'bm

christheswiss
10-20-2003, 02:14 AM
check out www.controlvision.com

They should have a yoke mount for the 2210. They sell a package incl. aviation software and GPS.

I have their yoke mount and I used to use an IPAQ 3630. I used the "dummy" sleeve that came with the Ipaq and used velcro to attach this to the yoke mount. I now have an IPAQ 1940 and I purchased a cheap case. Once I get it, I will modify it and attach it to the mount.

I know that the 2210 does not use expansion sleeves, so I do not know exactly how the yoke mount works from control vision.
Anyway, check out the software while your'e at it, it's rather extensive. :D

Good luck !

robepps
10-21-2003, 08:27 PM
"but a friend has one for his motorbike (39xx series)"

I cannot help but picture this enormous leather-clad ZZ-Top-bearded biker dude on his Hawg, poking at his handlebar-mounted PDA with one massive finger...

gry
10-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Would this case work instead?
http://www.infusionthreads.com/html/wrist_sport.html

It can rotate on your wrist.

Jereboam
10-22-2003, 12:21 AM
"but a friend has one for his motorbike (39xx series)"

I cannot help but picture this enormous leather-clad ZZ-Top-bearded biker dude on his Hawg, poking at his handlebar-mounted PDA with one massive finger...

Christ what an image... :rofl:

That would be hilarious....but alas I have to shatter your illusions and say it is a Honda Fireblade rather than a Hawg and not a sniff of zz-top within miles...

J'bm