View Full Version : How to clean/protect the Ipaq 2210?

pootp
10-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Hello folks,

I just bought an HP Ipaq 2210. It's a great little computer and I want to take good care of it. Already after using it for an hour, I've noticed some fingerprints and smudge marks on the back of the unit. I wanted to prevent this by washing my hands real well before using the unit, but the smudges still appeared. I'll likely buy a case to prevent this, but I still want to know how to clean it.

Is there some sort of solution that you use to clean the plastic? Should I use rubbing alcohol?

Also, can you folks recommend a screen protector that I should buy for my unit?

Thanks for you help.

Possum48
10-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Getting a case would definitely help keep the "smudges" off the unit But I would not worry too much about them, they won't keep the unit from working or anything.

If you want to keep it looking nice I use Endust for Electronics. Just spray some of the stuff on a soft cloth and wipe the unit off.

As for screen protectors the only ones to get are WriteShields from PocketPC Techs. Go HERE (http://www.pocketpctechs.com/ws.asp) to check them out and order them. They are kinda expensive but considering it is the middle of October and I have had one on since the middle of January with no scratches or other problems I think they are worth the price.

In additon PocketPC Tech also sells "Klear Screen" cleaner. This is some great stuff as well and can be ordered in a "kit" along with the WriteShields. I use this stuff as well for cleaning the outside of my PPC.

Good luck in keeping it "clean"

pootp
10-22-2003, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated! :)

jimH
10-23-2003, 06:09 AM
I have been using STP Son of a Gun protectant on all my PDAs for more than four years. It cleans as well as protects the plastic. You can buy a bottle at your local Walmart or Autozone. It is found in the automotive section. It does a great job without hurting the plastics.
Jim