View Full Version : Subscribers site

crazy0000
10-19-2003, 07:03 AM
I was just wondering what the subscribers site looks like it would be cool if I could see a pic because I might become one.

stitics
10-19-2003, 08:06 AM
It looks the same...only you can turn off the ads if you'd like. You can also adjust the number of posts on a page, and the number of pages shown, etc. The main difference for me is that you get a version that is formatted perfectly for use on a PocketPC.

But, basically, the pages LOOK the same.

You can get the complete breakdown of the differences here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php).

Moderators, feel free to remove this (as if you needed my permission) if I am crossing the line---but here are some screenshots of the customization options available (after 25 OCT 03, these screenshots may not be available). Please note that there are many others; this is merely a sample:

Here (http://www.stitics.com/PPCT/HomePageSettings.jpg) is a shot of the main customization page.

Here (http://www.stitics.com/PPCT/HomePageSettingsPPC.jpg) is a shot of the main PDA customization page.

Here (http://www.stitics.com/PPCT/MasterEmailControl.jpg) is a shot of the Master Email customization page.

Here (http://www.stitics.com/PPCT/SubscriberBadge.jpg) is a shot of the (very controversial (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17685&highlight=subscriber+badge)) Subscriber Badge customization page.

Steven Cedrone
10-19-2003, 05:09 PM
I was just wondering what the subscribers site looks like it would be cool if I could see a pic because I might become one.

You could always subscribe...

You have a two week trial period, if it turns out it's not for you you could always cancel...

Steve

dh
10-19-2003, 05:21 PM
For anyone who accesses the site from their PPC it's well worth subscribing to be able to use the mobile forums.

If you take advantage of the discounts and freebies, the subscription is just about free.

The snob value of that little button is priceless as well :-)

Janak Parekh
10-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Moderators, feel free to remove this (as if you needed my permission) if I am crossing the line---but here are some screenshots of the customization options available (after 25 OCT 03, these screenshots may not be available). Please note that there are many others; this is merely a sample:
Why would that be crossing the line? You're marketing for us. :lol:

--janak

gai-jin
10-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Since it looks like the mods have their eye on this thread...

How long does it take after subscribing to get access to the subscriber features? Just curious, as I signed up last night and haven't seen any changes yet.

Thanks!
Gai-jin

Janak Parekh
10-20-2003, 12:04 AM
I may be wrong, but I thought it was near-instantaneous once you followed all the steps. If you have trouble activating your subscriber services, use the Contact form and email Jason. He's on the road right now, but he'll get back to you soon. :)

--janak

gai-jin
10-20-2003, 12:10 AM
Problem is, I pd via 2checkout, got the confirmation web page, and order number, but never received the confirmation email. Are there instructions in this missing email then? Any chance of getting the instructions resent?

I had used the contact form, but sent it to 'moderator' instead, not knowing who all handled the subscribers program.

Gai-jin

Janak Parekh
10-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Problem is, I pd via 2checkout, got the confirmation web page, and order number, but never received the confirmation email. Are there instructions in this missing email then? Any chance of getting the instructions resent?
Ah. I don't think 2checkout processes directly -- Jason has to approve it or something. The Paypal setup is completely automated.

I had used the contact form, but sent it to 'moderator' instead, not knowing who all handled the subscribers program.
Jason will get it then. However, you happened to subscribe as he was leaving for Vegas. It should clear up in a couple days. :)

--janak

gai-jin
10-22-2003, 03:20 AM
Just checking in on this... Anyone Know how long jason will be gone for?

Gai-jin

Janak Parekh
10-22-2003, 03:32 AM
Just checking in on this... Anyone Know how long jason will be gone for?
He'll be back on Monday. I'm sorry about the bad timing. We're a small operation here. ;)

--janak

Brad Adrian
10-22-2003, 03:50 AM
He'll be back on Monday...
I know how hard it is to wait for something like this, but believe me, your patience will be well rewarded. Being able to read and respond to the forums via Pocket PC is terrific!

gai-jin
10-22-2003, 07:02 PM
I'm not Sure if this is the way things should work, but I've always been reading and replying to posts from My pocket pc.

GoldKey
10-22-2003, 07:30 PM
I'm not Sure if this is the way things should work, but I've always been reading and replying to posts from My pocket pc.

But the screens really are not optimized for it unless you are a subscriber.

JustinGTP
10-22-2003, 11:08 PM

But the screens really are not optimized for it unless you are a subscriber.

Correct, the Subscribers get the 240 x 320 perfect fit version! :D

gai-jin
10-23-2003, 12:56 PM
Well then, I'm even more excited to get the subscriber status to check it out!

(That and the coupon for vaja... this i700 case just sucks.)

Gai-jin

Thinkingmandavid
10-23-2003, 01:06 PM
I tell you what. To this point I havent looked into becoming a subscriber. I have never doubted there is work involved because it is obvious by just how often the front page is updated, response to post by moderators, and the customization and maintenance by those who are responsible.

I can tell you I hadnt seen the advantage of becoming a subscriber, but since stitics posted the info and some links, I am going to check it out see how i feel about it afterwards, in other words Iam going to give it a chance. I have been posting more lately than I had in months and really enjoy being a part of the community and posting.
If i become a subscriber u will know about it. :wink:

Thinkingmandavid
10-23-2003, 01:17 PM
so is there any liftime members??? or are mostly paying per year??????

Janak Parekh
10-23-2003, 08:13 PM
so is there any liftime members??? or are mostly paying per year??????
There's plenty of both. :)

--janak

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 12:07 AM
mmmmmmm, I am going to look again, trying to figure out exactly what makes it so great for me. I see the value in contributing to the forum so that is cool. money is a bit tight I will admit, but I really enjoy the community here:)

Janak Parekh
10-24-2003, 02:22 AM
If you can't budget it, you're not obligated to, you know. ;) We appreciate all the support everyone can give, of course, but it's not always a choice for some.

--janak

dh
10-24-2003, 03:00 AM
That's right. No-one cares if you are a subscriber or not. The more contributions (in the written sense) there are, the better for everyone.

Thinkingmandavid has been making good contributions here for quite a while. :lol:

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the suppor everyone 8)

JustinGTP
10-24-2003, 04:08 AM
Yes. We loving giving suppor don't we guys! :wink:

Lol, just joking. I notice your presence more on the site David, good choice! :way to go:

-Justin.

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 04:47 AM
Yeah, I am wanting to contribute more. For a while i wasnt around because my laptop was in repairs. well here is the story, the screen went out, so i borrowed a monitor, but just not the same, and I was moving from texas to baltimore so I had let go of my dsl and was using dial up.. the pages take too long to load up so i just decided to wait.
well when i got here i sent my laptop off adn it took best buy 7 weeks, yes that is right 7 weeks until i got my laptop back repaired. :roll:

JustinGTP
10-24-2003, 04:59 AM
Yeah, I am wanting to contribute more. For a while i wasnt around because my laptop was in repairs. well here is the story, the screen went out, so i borrowed a monitor, but just not the same, and I was moving from texas to baltimore so I had let go of my dsl and was using dial up.. the pages take too long to load up so i just decided to wait.
well when i got here i sent my laptop off adn it took best buy 7 weeks, yes that is right 7 weeks until i got my laptop back repaired. :roll:

BestBuy... that sucked. Oh well, atleast you are back! :D

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Isnt the master email the same thing as being notified when a new post is recieving an email. it sounds that way to me.