View Full Version : avantgo will not work on new axim x5

jim_joh
10-18-2003, 09:09 PM
:cry: I have a new axim x5 400 mhz that came with avantgo installed on the device. I have a avantgo account & software on my desktop. but cannot sync. It seems that I do not have avantgo Connect on my device not is avantgo listed on desktop sync,options list. I used avantgo with my palm but cannot find any where how to install avantgo on the device. I have talked to Dell tech for 30 minuetes & no solution, sent email to avantgo tech w/ no answer and tried Dell axim forums with no answers. any ideas would be appreciated. Thanking all Jim Johnston

matadams
10-19-2003, 12:16 AM
:cry: I have a new axim x5 400 mhz that came with avantgo installed on the device. I have a avantgo account & software on my desktop. but cannot sync. It seems that I do not have avantgo Connect on my device not is avantgo listed on desktop sync,options list. Jim Johnston

Jim,

I'm not sure that I truly understand where you are experiencing your glitch, but if you are sure that Avantgo is on your Axim (if not, install it, first) then be sure to check that option in ActiveSync . . . then with your axim connected to your pc go to Avantgo . . . log in . . . . go to the tab that allows you to manage your account . . . . go to software configuration and let Avantgo try to 'reach' your Axim . . .

Perhaps I am stating the obvious, but that is where I would start things with a new device.

Hope that gives you a place to start.

Terry Adams

kidA
10-19-2003, 01:59 AM
all you should need to do is go to options => avantgo => settings => properties in activesync, then put in your username and password and click ok and it should sync again with your account. AFAIK all PPCs now come with the AG client installed on the device, and AS has the conduit built in.

jim_joh
10-19-2003, 02:51 AM
Since I last posted I completely removed active sync, avantgo from my desktop ( even went into the registery and went into c drive & manually uninstalled avantgo & active sync ). I then reinstalled both and my problem still exists.
1st. On my desktop in actice sync, options window avantgo is not in there.
2nd. On the pocket pc connections window avantgo is not there either.
3rd. On my desktop I have in programs I have Avantgo Connect but it is not in the favorites mobile link.
So I am up against a stone wall. thanks for everything Jim Johnston :? :? :?: :|