View Full Version : Do the editors of pocketpcthoughts ever sleep?

BigMrC
10-18-2003, 12:14 AM
Only found this site a couple of months ago but find myself coming back two or three times a day for latest ppc gadgets and gizmos. Seems to be constantly updated. Do you guys ever rest? How many of you work on this site??
It's a compliment by the way, this is definitely the best ppc site out there.

PetiteFlower
10-18-2003, 12:17 AM
Christmas and Easter :)

And they seem to mostly rest on Sundays :)

spursdude
10-18-2003, 12:46 AM
Keep in mind that the editors are from a lot of different time zones, so even though it seems like posts come at dead-asleep hours, it could be more reasonable wherever that editor is.

But still... it definitely seems like there's ALWAYS somebody posting new news.

Jeff Rutledge
10-18-2003, 01:41 AM
We don't sleep. Why should they? :wink:

GoldKey
10-18-2003, 02:37 AM
Not that I don't think they work their butts off, but I think they have a tool that lets them queue up news stories to automatically post at set times.

Thinkingmandavid
10-18-2003, 04:29 AM
It is possible that they are alerted to news that is related to pda's:)
then they sort through it and post it for our viewing:)
part of running a site, keeping track ofwhat is going on around you.
Interestingly enough, last night I was wondering why there wasnt sleep instead of a "latest post" onthe front page:)

Janak Parekh
10-18-2003, 08:09 PM
Only found this site a couple of months ago but find myself coming back two or three times a day for latest ppc gadgets and gizmos. Seems to be constantly updated. Do you guys ever rest? How many of you work on this site??
Yes, we do rest. Mostly on weekends -- the site's a much slower, relaxed place then.

As to who we are, check the "About" link above. There are currently 5 news editors, two moderators, and a bunch of behind-the-scenes guys. The editors range from GMT to GMT-7, and we also explicitly schedule throughout the day and night because we have a large international readership.

It's a compliment by the way, this is definitely the best ppc site out there.
Thanks! All of us at Pocket PC Thoughts appreciate the compliment. :D

--janak

JustinGTP
10-18-2003, 08:35 PM
They are all nerds I tell you!

And I didnt see Kati Compton on that About page BTW.

Janak Parekh
10-18-2003, 09:00 PM
And I didnt see Kati Compton on that About page BTW.
She's the most recent team member, and her entry hasn't made it there yet. In fact, a number of updates need to be made to it. We just haven't had the time.

--janak

Thinkingmandavid
10-19-2003, 04:13 AM
mmm, time now there is a factor we seem to all be eithe misusing, dont know how to use, or just arent getting enough of the 24 :wink:
It is nice to wake up in the middle of the night and see a new story or to be able to post in the middle of the night when it seems everyone else is asleep even everyone else isnt :wink: