View Full Version : HELP URGENT PLEASE! (bluetooth)

ghl
10-17-2003, 07:49 PM
can anyone help me here please
i need to share my pc's internet connection to my iPaq 3970 via bluetooth anyone know how?
VERY URGENT!
here are the info ask if u need more
(PC)
adsl broadband
win XP
Belkin USB Bluetooth adapter

(PPC)
Bluetooth built in
pocket pc 2002
(ipaq 3970)

THANK YOU A MILLION I AM DIEING HERE< :'(
***if possible can you find a easy to follow tutorial, if not, its ok i am quite tech knolegable just its easier***

Jason Dunn
10-17-2003, 07:54 PM
But wait...if Bluetooth is so easy like everyone says, why on earth could you be having trouble? :roll: :lol:

Ok, I'll help you, because I know this stuff is NOT easy. First, you'll need to share your Internet connection - assuming you have a LAN connection with Internet access, right click on it and go into the properties, then share it out. I think the Bluetooth connection on your desktop PC should see that it's shared out and will find it automatically. On the iPAQ, you'll want to go through the connection wizard - it should step you through what to do from there.

I think that's it, but I'm definitely not the expert here...

Godsongz
10-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Have you looked at Geekzones guides (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449)? I bet you'll find the answers you need there.

ghl
10-17-2003, 07:57 PM
this may sound very newbish but,,,
hiw di i get to the wizard on the ppc?
all i can find is the connection settings and there are no connection wizards there as i can see

yes i have been to that site, but i did not get the same window boxes as them,

Steven Cedrone
10-17-2003, 08:14 PM
Are you currently using ActiveSync between the two? Just use the pass through option in ActiveSync...

Steve

ghl
10-17-2003, 08:15 PM
no, i cant do anythjing except share files wirelessly between the two:( anyone use msn i can chat with on this it'll be easier and faster p.s i am very grateful everyone is helping me out :D

ghl
10-17-2003, 09:02 PM
is no one who posted before willing to help me through this :(

ghl
10-17-2003, 09:43 PM
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/images/articles/BT_PC/configure_LAN_BT.gif
i cant get to that bit on my pc (winXP)
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/images/articles/BT_PC/configure_LAN_BT.gif

JustMe
10-18-2003, 03:50 AM
It really is that easy to get to the internet using bluetooth.

First off, is the dsl connection going directly to the PC?

And I take it your PPC currently uses the activesync to sync? If so, can you right now connect to the internet using your PPC while it is in the cradle?

Have you upgraded your 3970 to use the newer bluetooth manager (similar to the 5450)?

And the USB Bluetooth adapter been installed on the PC? If so, have your PC and PPC been paired successfully?

Contrary to what others have posted, you don't need to configure your computer to "share" your internet connection if you are going to use the ActiveSync passthrough feature to get to the internet. You'll just need to establish an activesync session in order to connect to the internet.

Reply with answers to those questions and we can go from there.

JM

ghl
10-18-2003, 03:01 PM
ok, justme i uninstalled the bluetooth kit last night,
so i am going to re-install everything again,
yes the dsl connection is directly to my pc.
i can access the net on the ipaq while its in the cradle.
no i have not upgraded the bluetooth manager.
thanks
about pairing them,
i have not added my ipaq to my bluetooth places since the fresh install of the bluetooth usb adapter,
and before i do can i ask something.
when i added it last time i could not ad the ipaq for all the 'services' just serialport and two others.
which should i add it as?
edit about active sync, i see that people are saying that i can just use active sync via BT to acess the net... but how can i get the two devices to conenct and sync? i can sync thru usb, but not via bt, i have looked in connection settings and seen... NOTHING to do with bt.