View Full Version : Green dot on my screen

pepemosca
10-14-2003, 03:38 PM
Hi, I have a h5450 with WM2003.

I have notice (don't know since when), that my screen has a green dot just next to the Windows Start logo.

The thing is: I'm not sure, but i think that i have seen this green dot on my old h5450 (HP has change my PDA a few months ago), but I never realize that this green dot was always.

Do you think that HP will take charges on this problem? Do you think that I should call them?

Is this a video card or screen problem? Is a green pixel/dot

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your thoughts.

mr_Ray
10-14-2003, 04:57 PM
Hi, I have a h5450 with WM2003.

I have notice (don't know since when), that my screen has a green dot just next to the Windows Start logo.

The thing is: I'm not sure, but i think that i have seen this green dot on my old h5450 (HP has change my PDA a few months ago), but I never realize that this green dot was always.

Do you think that HP will take charges on this problem? Do you think that I should call them?

Is this a video card or screen problem? Is a green pixel/dot

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your thoughts.

That's probably a dead pixel. Best to call HP back up and see if they'll replace it.

Steven Cedrone
10-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Do you see the same thing at all times (in different apps) or just on the Today screen???

Do you use Wibar/Wisbar Advance??? If so, when you unload it do you still see the dot???

Steve

Dave Beauvais
10-14-2003, 05:50 PM
As Steve said, make sure it's there in all apps. I noticed what I thought was a dead pixel just under that Start button when I was looking at a couple themes last week. As it turned out, it's just two weird pixels in the Pocket PC Thoughts theme (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/files/thoughtsnew.tsk). One is black, one is white. :) It kinda freaked me out because they're in both the Today image and the Start menu background. They don't show up in other apps, though, so I knew it wasn't a stuck pixel in the LCD.

http://www.beauvais1.com/images/ppc/weird_pixels.gif

--Dave

pepemosca
10-14-2003, 06:36 PM
Nope, it's in all apps.

I have notice in Windows Media Player, when playing a full screen video.
But also is in all fullscreen games.

I just made a Screen Capture and see if the Green Dot is on the bitmap, but is not :(

Does HP replace screens/devices because of dead pixels? Even if the PDA is in my hand for 2 months?

Thanks for your replys.

pepemosca
10-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Can someone with an h5450 confirm me that this error is not in all h5450s, because, I think that the same problem was on my first h5450 (but i'm not 100% sure).

Dave Beauvais
10-14-2003, 06:54 PM
As far as I can tell -- and I generally notice these things -- my h5455's LCD has no stuck pixels. My second Toshiba e740 had one that was stuck red and one of the four Casio E-200s that I went through had two that were stuck -- one blue, one green. It's becoming much less common these days, but stuck pixels do still happen from time to time. When you consider how LCDs work, it's amazing that most of them are flawless.

I seriously doubt that HP will replace your iPAQ if it has only a single stuck pixel. Most manufacturers don't consider that to be a defect unless there are more than five or six. Doesn't hurt to call them up and find out, though.

--Dave

pepemosca
10-14-2003, 07:15 PM
As far as I can tell -- and I generally notice these things -- my h5455's LCD has no stuck pixels. My second Toshiba e740 had one that was stuck red and one of the four Casio E-200s that I went through had two that were stuck -- one blue, one green. It's becoming much less common these days, but stuck pixels do still happen from time to time. When you consider how LCDs work, it's amazing that most of them are flawless.

I seriously doubt that HP will replace your iPAQ if it has only a single stuck pixel. Most manufacturers don't consider that to be a defect unless there are more than five or six. Doesn't hurt to call them up and find out, though.

--Dave

Thanks for your insides.

I'll call HP, but I have to remember that cost me 1 month + hundred of aspirins to make them change my iPAQ because their Technical Support broke my volume buttons (long story).

Tomorrow I will see.

Dazbot
10-14-2003, 07:24 PM
A few weeks after getting my 2210 I noticed a single greeny/bluey pixel near the top of the screen it only appears on certain themes. Although most of them are blue or green :wink:.

I've never bothered to get it replaced, to much hassle for something I hardly notice.

pepemosca
10-15-2003, 03:06 AM
A few weeks after getting my 2210 I noticed a single greeny/bluey pixel near the top of the screen it only appears on certain themes. Although most of them are blue or green :wink:.

I've never bothered to get it replaced, to much hassle for something I hardly notice.

I'm thinking how hard will be to convince HP to replace my PDA. What a headache!