View Full Version : This is so frustrating.......

dh
10-13-2003, 03:07 PM
I've just finished A Storm of Swords, the third of George Martin's books, so I was all ready to buy number 4 - A Feast For Crows.

No-one seems to sell an eBook version so I thought I might have to revert to that 20th Century technology - print.

Off I go to Amazon only to discover that they have the book on their site, with a realease date of June 2004 for the hardcover.

Not good :(

ChristopherTD
10-13-2003, 03:12 PM
As you discovered, he is still writing it, alas.

If you haven't read them, the Robin Hobb "Assassin" and "Fool" series are available in eBook, and well worth a read. Not as savage as the Fire and Ice books, but contain some notable characters and they never quite go where you are expecting.

Unfortunately the third book of the "Fool" series has just been completed so we have to wait for that as well.

dh
10-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Thanks, I think I will check these out. Fictionwise have a deal, get the first two Assassin books for $6.99. They are only in MS Reader (yuk) or PDF (worse) format, so it's time for a quick conversion.

Trouble is I've gotten adicted to treachery, violence and sex over the last couple of weeks, I need to get weaned off slowly. I'm still freezing from being up on that Wall.

Gee Mont
10-16-2003, 02:30 AM
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/home.html

The Author's web site says "STILL SORRY. STILL NOT DONE YET." He promises to post a notice the moment he is done.

dh
10-16-2003, 02:55 AM
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/home.html

The Author's web site says "STILL SORRY. STILL NOT DONE YET." He promises to post a notice the moment he is done.

Like he has said, he writes for two or three years, publishes a book and two days later people are asking for the next one.

I read in one of his inverviews that Robin Hobb is his favorite author. I'm reading (and enjoying) Assassins Apprentice right now.

Gee Mont
10-16-2003, 05:06 AM
Like he has said, he writes for two or three years, publishes a book and two days later people are asking for the next one.

He should take all the time he needs. There are few things worse than an author spoiled by success, churning out substandard stuff.

I'll probably brake down and buy the Hard Back with it finally comes out.

dh
10-16-2003, 03:29 PM

He should take all the time he needs. There are few things worse than an author spoiled by success, churning out substandard stuff.

I'll probably brake down and buy the Hard Back with it finally comes out.
Absolutely, I gave up on another series when this seemed to happen after the first seven books or so. Nothing worse than looking forward to publication, buying the hardback and then being disapointed with the whole thing.

I'm discovering lots of new authors (new to me anyway) to keep me going until next year, so all is not lost.

Trouble with buying Feast for Crows in Hardcover is that I would then just have to get the three previous ones as well. More expense! :D

Gee Mont
10-17-2003, 01:53 AM
Trouble with buying Feast for Crows in Hardcover is that I would then just have to get the three previous ones as well. More expense! :D

Scary. I was going to say the same thing, but thought it would make me sound a bit off. Not that that should have bothered me.

I'm doing the same thing with the Masters of Rome books by Colleen McCullough.