View Full Version : Looking for a case recommendation

MacBriar
10-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Hi again
I am looking for your advice on a flip case for my 2210.

Basically I am looking for maximum protection for my screen, at present I have a short list down to a Vaja flip, an Innopocket/Proporta Aluminium or a Piel Frama.

Advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Ewan Mackie

Anthony Caruana
10-13-2003, 01:23 AM
I have the proporta case and am happy with it. The only thing I have found is that when I am using Media Player I have the DPad mapped to stop, play/pause, volume up and volume down. When I close the case the magnet in the catch triggers the mapping I have for pause.

Otherswise it's a great case.

I also have the Aluminium case and if you are after max protection then I'd recommend it. I just came back from 2 weeks on vacation and carried my ipaq 2210 in it and it was very well protected. The ipaq was carried in my bum bag, back back, glovebox, etc and the ipaq still looks brand new. The case, although a little scratched now, is in good condition with no loss of shape or dents.

pootp
10-14-2003, 03:19 AM
wow. that proporta aluminum case is really nice!

babywu
10-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Deal all
I have some questions about the metal case.
1. Can I use my 2210 with the metal(what I mean is I needn't take the 2210 out, just open the cover)?
2. Is there a hole for the plug the earphone, so I listen music with the 2210 in stronge protect.

looking forward to your answer, thanks.

chunkymonkey75
10-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Deal all
I have some questions about the metal case.
1. Can I use my 2210 with the metal(what I mean is I needn't take the 2210 out, just open the cover)?
2. Is there a hole for the plug the earphone, so I listen music with the 2210 in stronge protect.

looking forward to your answer, thanks.

Yes and yes.

lkawamot
10-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Hi,

I just got my Vaja Billfold Flip case yesterday and love it. Though I mistakenly ordered the billfold portion... they do make a non-billfold version as well.

Pros:
1. Flip case - not like the proporta's aluminun cases.
2. Billfold section has a clasp to keep it secured until I need to open it. I can flip open my case and keep my credit cards and bills safe.
3. Flip cover has a clasp -- I think the proporta flip case has a magnet system
4. easy access to headphone jack (optional), CF and SD slots (optional), and sync connector
5. speaker is covered by a mesh screen to protect it, yet keep the iPaq audible
6. Feels secure in the case
7. Good quality
8. I've managaed to combine my wallet and my iPAQ into 1 component!

Cons:
1. getting to the stylus is a minor inconvenience
2. "push through" power button is not so "push through" -- I have to try a couple of different angles. The power switch location on the case is not exposed -- they have some knobby thingy that allows you to supposedly push-through the case to hit the button.
3. no slot for CF card storage... I have a CF WiFi card that I have to carry around in my backpack now... :( If I insert my WiFi card, now I have to carefully keep track of my CF slot cover...

jgrnt1
10-15-2003, 03:55 PM
You might want to look at CASESonline (http://casesonline.com/configurator.php) as well. They make everything from slipcases to Executive size binders. I've got an eDesk binder in "Wall Street" leather and it is great. Be warned, though, that they are extremely slow. It took six weeks to get my binder. However, they followed the law and did not charge my credit card until it shipped, and it was worth the wait.

christheswiss
10-15-2003, 04:24 PM
I have a SENA case (senacases.com) for my IPAQ 1940 and love it. :mrgreen:
Of course VAJA's quality is legendary (had 3 Vaja cases) but I must say this SENA case comes close. In fact, it is somewhat slimmer then the VAJA counterpart due to the magnetic closure system, I also like the leather of the SENA case better, it is softer, like a glove.
Good luck. :D