View Full Version : Long Flight

Gremmie
10-12-2003, 05:03 AM
I'm on my way for a long trip, nothing new, but I want to use my Pocket PC a little beyond what I have in the past. I've already got accustomed to using Pocket Divx to watch movies on the flight, but does anyone have any other suggestions for a long flight?

Janak Parekh
10-12-2003, 05:10 AM
ebooks. :)

--janak

SandersP
10-12-2003, 05:23 AM
Why all the NES ROM you can find on the net of course. :lol:

playing RPG game like 'Fade' actually is not such a bad idea if you like that sort of thing.

but of course nothing beats a nice travel mate and tons of free inflight alcoholic beverage.

sixsixty
10-12-2003, 06:49 AM
i dont know what pocket pc you got, but i have an e755. and at first i was tempted to buy an extra bigger battery. but instead i found one of these. battery extender.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3052287129&category=38332

basically it plugs into my e755 via the power plug. and it takes 4 AAs. it works fine. its just like as if i have my pocket pc plugged into an ac outlet.
on top of this. its really cheap. i got mine for $8 + shipping, compared to $140 for the extra battery.

thats all.

Gremmie
10-12-2003, 06:55 AM
Good call on the battery extender, I've always seen them, I was just looking around for one now that I need it :) I use a Toshiba Genio (I use to have an e740). How much time do you get out of 4 AA's?

Good suggestions.

JvanEkris
10-12-2003, 09:24 AM
When i have to fly for a long time, i load my Loox with tons of MP3's, because most airlines keep repeating the same hour of music. I have 20 hours of music with me so i should get a lit less bored with it.

I use sony noise-cancelling headsets. Besides the reduction of the noise of the engines, it als reduces the crying of the babies etc.. Basically, you get more rest.

Great tip on the battery extender. I will look for it as well :)

Jaap

sumfunny
10-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Do you know if there is a battery thingy for the ipag 2210

Thinkingmandavid
10-13-2003, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the info on the charger sixsixty. I am wonderig if it will also fit the Toshiba models, 310 and 355, does anyone know? I think it would since it is the same connector isnt it? If I recall correctly it uses the same keyboard. Can anyone confirm this or correct me on it?
For long flights I listen to music, watch dvd's, read, sleep, and work on papers or something. I am in graduate school so a little of the above works good for me:) Leaving out the dvd watching on your ppc, I think having a keyboard handy would be good, but maybe that is just me. It is easy to say before a flight, "I will do this and I will do that", but totally different when you are actually on the flight!:)

maximus
10-13-2003, 07:49 AM
Good call on the battery extender, I've always seen them, I was just looking around for one now that I need it :) I use a Toshiba Genio (I use to have an e740). How much time do you get out of 4 AA's?

Good suggestions.

Depends on the type/capacity of the AA's that you use. There are 2100 mAH rechargable AA's on the market, perhaps you can calculate the runtime by comparing it with the capacity of your PPC's battery.

piperpilot
10-13-2003, 12:38 PM
I enjoy listening to radio shows that I record with ReplayRadio. I usually have six hours of shows recorded, so I listen to 3 hours on the way out and 3 hours on the way back.