View Full Version : Sena/Vaja case question for 2210 owners.

Xanadu
10-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Hi all,

I'm interested in Sena's case (http://www.senacases.com/hp2215/) for my 2210. However, the orientation of the SD and business card pockets is getting me a bit concerned. It looks like the act of flipping open and folding back the lid may cause the contents of the pockets to go flying!

I realize that the leather may initially be tight enough to hold the contents in place, but after a bit of use, the leather will probably stretch enough to allow the cards to work themselves free.

Personally, Vaja's solution (http://www.vajacases.com/Vaja/catalogo.nsf/ProdsPadrelkp/971/$file/971Grande.jpg) would seem to be more effective for a case of this type. Here, the pockets are oriented to prevent movement of items on opening.

What do the rest of you think?

BTW, does the Vaja case above allow in-cradle syncing? The website says "syncable with usb cable" but doesn't explicitly disallow cradle syncing like they do for the i-volution case.

Thanks,

-Xan

christheswiss
10-12-2003, 03:15 PM
I have the Sena case for the 1940 IPAQ and love it :mrgreen:

It has (2) SD slots in the flap and they are tight, very tight, there is no way a card will come out, even after some usage. I also had (3) Vaja cases, the quality is top notch, as always.

Yes, I know, it's not easy to make up your mind. The leather on the Sena case I have is very soft, softer then on the Vaja case, it also has magnetic closure, which makes the case more compact.

Good luck

Sven Johannsen
10-12-2003, 08:45 PM
BTW, does the Vaja case above allow in-cradle syncing? The website says "syncable with usb cable" but doesn't explicitly disallow cradle syncing like they do for the i-volution case.

I would bet the Vaja case doesn't specifically say 'sync in cradle', while the Sena case does say that, for a reason. It is, IMHO, a highly desireable feature. If they had it, they'd list it.

I have the SENA and am very pleased with it. I don't think I'll ever store credit cards in there or extra SD anyway, so that isn't an issue, or concern, for me. The slot with the rectangular cutout does fit my Socket WiFi card perfectly and even closes without contacting the screen. (A symbol card would fit the same). With that WiFi card stored there I don't think I could get SD's in.