View Full Version : Annoying Avantgo Behavior...

Steven Cedrone
10-11-2003, 06:18 PM
I just stopped using Mazingo and started using Avantgo again...

Maybe it's just the version of the SW on my PC, but I can't believe this hasn't been fixed: every time the sync process gets to Avantgo, it accesses the floppy drive...

Anyway, I looked around and found the old fix in case anyone is interested: Go to C:\Program Files\AvantGo\Mobile Link. Rename the file "secnet.dll" to "_secnet.dll". Do not delete the file. Place your PPC back in the cradle and sync. This should do the trick. If you get a message stating that the file is in use, try to reboot and run it again...

So is it just my version of the SW? Does anyone else still have this problem???

Steve

Dave Beauvais
10-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Personally, I never sync AvantGo using ActiveStink; I do it on the PPC itself by going to Start\Settings\Connections tab\AvantGo Connect. This makes it so there are no (additional) long delays when using ActiveSync. You can also use this method to update your AvantGo content while sitting at a coffee shop or other hotspot location.

Edit: Oh, and I honestly don't know if I have the problem because the Dell notebook I sync with doesn't have a floppy drive. :)

--Dave

dave3
10-12-2003, 01:13 AM
I never got the d#%n thing to work right, it wouldn't sync my settings and mapquest maps so I had to go an print them. Never got an email back from avant go either.