View Full Version : 5550 and SNES Roms - performance as good as 2210/better/worse?

carrigaline
10-11-2003, 06:05 AM
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone out there with a 5550 could tell me if SNES ROMs work well on it? I have seen them work great on the 2210 but have also read that the 2210 has benchmarked better than the 5550 in many respects.

Thanks for your help!

:?

Myrddin
10-11-2003, 01:00 PM
I dunno if we're allowed to post this but.. hey.

I run a ipaq 5450 (the predecessor to the 5550). I have upgraded it to Windows Mobile 2003.

SNES roms work perfectly. I'm using the MorphGear emulator.

If they work on my older device I imagine they'll work great on the 5550.

(Note, I do genuinely own all the games i have been playing. Genuinely, lol. I've been waiting for years to replay them in a convenient fashion after my friend broke my old snes :( )

carrigaline
10-11-2003, 04:09 PM
I dunno if we're allowed to post this but.. hey.

I run a ipaq 5450 (the predecessor to the 5550). I have upgraded it to Windows Mobile 2003.

SNES roms work perfectly. I'm using the MorphGear emulator.

If they work on my older device I imagine they'll work great on the 5550.

(Note, I do genuinely own all the games i have been playing. Genuinely, lol. I've been waiting for years to replay them in a convenient fashion after my friend broke my old snes :( )

Cheers Myrddin - I am in a similar situation to you on the Roms. It will be great to take a trip down memory lane to when I first played these games.

I was told to try PocketSnes emulator - did you try that and decide MorphGear was better? (never heard of MorphGear)

Was there ever a good Snes rugby game? If so - are they still around to buy? I would like to play Australia in that! Come on Ireland! :twisted: :D 8)

PetiteFlower
10-11-2003, 08:32 PM
You're allowed to talk about emulators and roms all you want, just don't go posting sites where you can download them from, that's NOT allowed :)

Myrddin
10-11-2003, 11:12 PM
I was told to try PocketSnes emulator - did you try that and decide MorphGear was better? (never heard of MorphGear)

Was there ever a good Snes rugby game? If so - are they still around to buy? I would like to play Australia in that! Come on Ireland! :twisted: :D 8)
I tried PocketSNES, it didn't really run well for me. I tried MorpGear and it worked perfectly.

Grr@Rugby ;)