View Full Version : Palm Digital Reader Problem

RandyRRT
10-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Just a heads up for other ebook readers who have used the Peanut Press or Palm Reader from palm digital media. I sent the following email today and have not yet received a response.

I purchased Under the Tuscan Sun after being notifed by newsletter that it was available. After unzipping, I ran the setup/installation program and the Palm Reader automatically launched and showed Under the Tuscan Sun and Vest Pocket Dictionary in the library, but none of my other previously purchased and installed Peanut Press/Palm Digital Media ebooks. I ran Resco Explorer on my HP IPAQ 5500 series and found that not only were my other PP/PDM ebooks missing, but that my entire 1 GB IBM Compaq Flash hard disk had been wiped clean and only had a My Documents folder with a Peanut Press folder in it. Prior to the installation, I had not only programs but many other documents with only 200 MB free on the 1 GB card. Now I'm not trying to lay blame, but my Pocket PC was working perfectly before I installed the ebook and although I considered that the CF hard disk could have failed, it seems suspicious that the card seems to have been wiped clean and that the only content left is the Peanut Press folder. I considered removing the Peanut Reader/Palm Digital Reader but although a previous version of the Agfa Monotype Fonts was in the Remove Programs list, I couldn't find the Reader listed. It appears that it now uses a different installation process? I doubt that there is much that can be done to recover any of my data (I should have been smart enough to back up the CF card) but I would like to draw your attention to this possible problem before other customers may suffer similar data loss.
Ralph R. Tyner, MD