View Full Version : ActiveSync Problems

Dombo
10-10-2003, 04:10 AM
Everytime I remove my HP IPAQ 2210 from the USB cradle and replace it in the cradle, it won't sync with my computer. The only thing that works to make it sync is a soft reset of the ppc, which I would like not to have to do every time I come back to my desk. Once I soft reset it syncs straight away, but does exactly the same thing the next time I remove and replace the device in the cradle.

Any ideas as to a solution would be great??

chief2tanka
10-10-2003, 07:35 AM
I had the same problem with my Axim a few weeks ago. I uninstalled activesync and reinstalled it. It was a pain to go through the setup again but it's been synching flawlessly since then, so far.

nosmohtac
07-15-2004, 12:16 AM
I just recently started having this problem with my 5550. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Activesync, but I still couldn't connect.
I had this similar problem with a different model of PPC, and I cleared it up by downloading the USB driver for that model.

I can't seem to find a USB driver for PPC on HP's site. If anyone knows how to clear this up I'd appreciate the input.

nosmohtac
07-15-2004, 01:29 AM
I just reinstalled activesync for a second time, restarted my PC, soft reset my PPC, and put it in the cradle and connected the USB cable. It keeps recognizing new hardware, but instead of installing HP USB sync, it comes up as an unknown USB device.

If I go to <Device Manager> and uninstall the unknown USB device driver and plug the iPAQ back in, it just reinstalls as unknown USB device.

Janak Parekh
07-15-2004, 05:45 AM
I can't seem to find a USB driver for PPC on HP's site. If anyone knows how to clear this up I'd appreciate the input.
HP doesn't have a separate USB driver -- it's always been built into ActiveSync.

There appears to be either a driver conflict or a connection issue. Consider trying it with another computer to eliminate that possibility, if you can.

--janak

nosmohtac
07-16-2004, 12:40 AM
I'm thinking its a driver issue as well, but I don't know how to resolve it. It works fine with my laptop.

nosmohtac
07-16-2004, 03:32 AM
OK. I finally got it to recognize and load HP USB Sync. There's still a problem though. Under the driver properties, it say that it can't start (error code 10) When I run the troubleshooter, it says to uninstall the driver and run add hardware wizard (how basic). If I try and go further it says "Get help somewhere else". If I uninstall, reconnect the device and run <add hardware>, it installs and says there was a problem with the driver installation and the device may not work properly.