View Full Version : Backup battery on iPAQ 221x

hamishmacdonald
10-09-2003, 12:36 PM
I've just got my iPAQ back from HP, where they replaced the headphone jack, which had developed a really nasty crackling problem if I so much as touched at the headphones plugged into it.

It's back, all better, and it's only Thursday. They picked it up on Monday, all at no charge to me. Excellent.

One thing I've noticed, though, is that the backup battery is down to 50%. Where is this battery? Will it recharge, or is it a little watch battery somewhere like the Jornada 568 had? I didn't install any such battery, so I'm hoping the backup is a reserve and will recharge.

Any insights?

Thanks,
Hamish

newst
10-09-2003, 12:50 PM
The Ipaq backup battery is just a small, rechargeable LI battery built into the PDA. It is not accessable to the user.

It recharges when the Ipaq is plugged in to a power source just like the main battery does.

I did an experiment when I first bought my 2215. The fully charged backup battery lasted just over 30 minutes from when I removed the main battery until the unit performed a hard reset. Since it's main purpose is to protect your RAM while you exchange main batteries the 30 min capability is pretty good.

hamishmacdonald
10-09-2003, 01:15 PM
Thanks. Yeah, it's recharging now. It just doesn't say "recharging" like the top progress bar.

Joy! They did so many things right with this device.