View Full Version : TimeWarp! Wireless Questions about my 540

WenBe
10-06-2003, 03:51 PM
Going Wireless Question:
Have a fantastic 540 used currently for appointments, ebooks, and contact info. Have not updated, etc. since first purchase. It has always been working perfectly for simple needs. This pocket PC Has been happliy living in 2000 forever!
A few years back, we all used the minstrel 540 (omnisky) at work, so I have all of that equipment, etc. Have not been wireless in several years.
Now I need to go wirelesss again. Need to check/use webmail and use travel web sites. What are my options? I have tired to get help but have confused mysef into a corner. Should I give up and go ipaq? What a shame! I love this jornada, but it may be time to pass to a friend if going wireless is complicated....need a very simple solution.
Thoughts from anyone? I really need the help!

powder2000
10-06-2003, 07:30 PM
Get one of the various cellular CF cards that are available. Your jornada has a type I CF, so make sure these are type I. The one that comes to mind is the sprint cf card. Another issue you may encounter is the availability of drivers for the cards. A lot of times, these companies don't write drivers for ppc 2000, I have one so I have tried. I think another option for you might be to just get a bluetooth CF card and bluetooth cell phone. Seems to be a popular option for non-connects ppcs. Hope this helps.