View Full Version : Can anything stop (or slow) the 2215 falling grips problem?

calocalo
10-06-2003, 01:56 PM
I'm waiting for my 2215 to be delivered. I Would hate it if the grips fell off, which seems like a certainty with my sweaty hands. Anybody know, or can suggest, some sort of treatment for the "pourous rubber" grips to make them last on a new 2215. How about some of those auto care products, like Armor All, or some sort of waterproofing? Probably wont stop the damage from the cheap case, but maybe the bubbling and expanding can be slowed down by preventing the rubber from absorbing moisture.

mr_Ray
10-06-2003, 03:44 PM
I'm waiting for my 2215 to be delivered. I Would hate it if the grips fell off, which seems like a certainty with my sweaty hands. Anybody know, or can suggest, some sort of treatment for the "pourous rubber" grips to make them last on a new 2215. How about some of those auto care products, like Armor All, or some sort of waterproofing? Probably wont stop the damage from the cheap case, but maybe the bubbling and expanding can be slowed down by preventing the rubber from absorbing moisture.

I would guess that you can cover them in something, but unles it's undetectable you might have a problem returning it. I think a lot of the problem is physical as opposed to chemical (possibly a combination of both).
Until someone comes up with a 100% fix you might be best off doing what I did and getting a case that you can keep it in 24/7.