View Full Version : Digital camera reviews

jkendrick
10-06-2003, 04:25 AM
How many reviews of digital cameras have you read recently where they recommend a particular camera and then somewhere in the article say

"the only complaint about this camera were the fuzzy pictures that weren't as crisp or clear as I'd like" ?

I just bought a camera and in my research online to help with the decision I must have read a dozen reviews that went exactly like this.

I thought cameras that didn't take good pictures weren't good cameras? :D

Janak Parekh
10-06-2003, 05:38 AM
That's one of the nice things about www.dpreview.com -- you can judge the quality for yourself. ;)

--janak

prismejon
10-06-2003, 07:41 AM
What camera did you end up with?

jkendrick
10-06-2003, 11:34 AM
What camera did you end up with?

I ended up going with the Canon S-50 for the small form factor and full manual override which were both important to me.

Also the 5 mega pixel was nice too.

jkendrick
10-06-2003, 11:38 AM
That's one of the nice things about www.dpreview.com -- you can judge the quality for yourself. ;)

Yes, it was their review that tipped the scale to the S-50. The new Canon Rebel is nice too but too large and too many $ for me.

maximus
10-07-2003, 01:53 AM
I ended up going with the Canon S-50 for the small form factor and full manual override which were both important to me.

Also the 5 mega pixel was nice too.

S50 is nice, you just have to be very careful when closing the 'door' that covers the lense section. A friend of mine forgot that his lens is still in telephoto, and tried to close the door .... crunch. A section of the zoom railing is broken ... back to canon workshop, no warranty, the accident was considered as customer's fault, ouch.

Jeff Rutledge
10-07-2003, 03:31 AM
Good call. I haven't used it nearly as much as I'd like to, I'm really happy with my S-50 so far.

A bonus too: I got an Elura 50 DVC and it uses the same battery and USB cable. Less to pack is always a plus!