View Full Version : Flaky WiFI with iPAQ 5455 PPC2003 Upgrade?

js
10-06-2003, 04:00 AM
All -

I just "upgraded" to PPC 2003 on my 5455 and am having issues keeping a constant WiFI Connection.

One thing I have noticed since the upgrade is that my WiFI connection intermittently stops completely. I have to either a) Use WLAN Manager and turn on/off OR 2) Power off and on the iPAQ OR 3) Soft Reset OR 4) One time I had to do the battery remove trick.

I NEVER had any issues with WiFI on this iPAQ pre-2003 upgrade and my Linksys Router settings are unchanged. Also, my 3955 with 2003 and a CF WiFI Card works flawlessly. I have also tried with both the WLAN 2003 Update and without and don't see any difference.

Note: I have noticed that the problem worsens (more frequent drops) as my battery charges and gets very close to 100% charged.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any fixes?

Thanks.

jpjehu
10-06-2003, 04:32 AM
I don't know a lot about wifi - but before I sold my 5455 it wouldn't pick up hot spots in a normal way. It worked the first time, but when I tried it a couple of weeks later it would only acknowledge the network when I went to shut the wifi off. I was curious what the problem was, and still am for the person I sold the unit to.

mclaughlinc
10-06-2003, 05:31 AM
I have not had that problem. However there was an update list on the HP site that I installed after the upgrade to Windows Mobile 2003. I have had more problems with syncing Avantgo to this device whether I am sync'ing via my Desktop or via a WIFI connection.

szamot
10-11-2003, 02:42 AM
there are 2 or 3 fixes on HP site, try them out.

T

js
10-11-2003, 07:39 PM
there are 2 or 3 fixes on HP site, try them out.

T

Thanks, but I stated in my original post that I had already tried them.

Since my first post on this issue I have gone back & forth between the WLAN update & the default wifi drivers. The "updated" drivers on HP's site definitely make the problem worse. It's almost as though my iPAQ is dropping my home connection & picking up other access points instead - any way to prevent this?

Also, I have a few access points that constantly show up in my network settings. Tap/Hold and choosing Remove does nothing- is there another way to get rid of these?