View Full Version : Slim Keyboard Driver

blang
10-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Is there a driver for the HP slim keyboard that works with 2003?

dhettel
10-05-2003, 03:35 PM
Is there a driver for the HP slim keyboard that works with 2003?

The one on the CD is it. This will kind of work. Problem is it will start watch the port, and show in the control panel it is not. And also stop and show that it is. It's status is not displayed correctly.

David

racerx
10-05-2003, 09:14 PM
No, the drivers that come on the CD will NOT work w/WM2003 - at least not on my CD. If you check the HP Support web site, you will find that there are updated drivers for this keyboard to work with windows mobile 2003.

dhettel
10-05-2003, 09:21 PM
No, the drivers that come on the CD will NOT work w/WM2003 - at least not on my CD. If you check the HP Support web site, you will find that there are updated drivers for this keyboard to work with windows mobile 2003.

When I go here: http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/locate/105_5553.html I see NO drivers for this keyboard. So if you have a link to the slim keyboard pack drivers please post it.

Thanks
David

Sven Johannsen
10-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Shouldn't have taken me half an hour to find this again. HPaq support site needs help.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/download/18759.html

Dave Beauvais
10-06-2003, 06:10 PM
The "Foldable Keyboard," "Micro Keyboard," and "Slim Keyboard" are all different products. This (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,14768) is the keyboard we're looking for updated drivers for. RacerX: if you actually did locate drivers on HP's site for the Slim Keyboard please post a link! :)

--Dave

dhettel
10-06-2003, 08:21 PM
My Guess is he is NOT talking about what we are. Because RacerX says "No, the drivers that come on the CD will NOT work w/WM2003 - at least not on my CD. ..." That sounds like he might be talking about one of the older Keyboards, not the newest one. That driver will work, some what, as long as they are the only drivers using COM1 and you are not plugging anything else in.

Sven you could have click on my link to get to the two old Keyboard drivers, which have both been updated. It's funny in a way the newest keyboard doesn't have fully working WM2003 support, but the older Compaq hardware does.

David

racerx
10-06-2003, 10:31 PM
My Guess is he is NOT talking about what we are. Because RacerX says "No, the drivers that come on the CD will NOT work w/WM2003 - at least not on my CD. ..." That sounds like he might be talking about one of the older Keyboards, not the newest one. That driver will work, some what, as long as they are the only drivers using COM1 and you are not plugging anything else in.

You are correct - my bad, I appologize. I was just speaking to someone about the folding keyboard prior to reading that thread and my brain made an incorrect connection. Sorry. Its the folding keyboard drivers that don't work without upgrade.

Sven Johannsen
10-07-2003, 05:04 AM
Sorry, but that. I guess I never paid much attenton to that particular keyboard since I don't personaly like thumboards. (Had one for my Jornada...It's like new) I figured slim was a description rather than a real model. An understandable mistake if you have both the Targus Universal and the HP Foldable. The latter is 'slim'.