View Full Version : Anyone having a problem with Wisbar on the Ipaq 2215?

mesposito2
10-05-2003, 03:07 AM
I am having to soft reset my 2215 every other day due to the fact that I am losing control over the start menu and everything along the top of the screen.

I'm using Wisbar, and/or Wisbar advanced. It seems to happen with both. I'm also running Calligraher, PI and Handbase.

I can use the buttons to get to the other apps and shut them down before resetting, so the machine itself isn't crashed.

Anyone else seeing this?

Mark Esposito

Rune
10-05-2003, 08:11 AM
No problems with the "Start" menu but I did have to exit from Wisbar Advanced when using Textmaker, the full featured substitute for MS Word. It wouldn't let me save any documents tapping the "OK" button.
Good Luck

griph
10-05-2003, 06:02 PM
I am having to soft reset my 2215 every other day due to the fact that I am losing control over the start menu and everything along the top of the screen.

I'm using Wisbar, and/or Wisbar advanced. It seems to happen with both. I'm also running Calligraher, PI and Handbase.

I can use the buttons to get to the other apps and shut them down before resetting, so the machine itself isn't crashed.

Anyone else seeing this?

Mark Esposito

There was some discussion earlier in one of the threads that users of WM2003 were having problems when PI and Caligrapher were loaded on their machine. I use iCbar version of WisBar and PI and dont have these problems - I have never used Caligrapher - prefering the Block Recogniser. Have you thought about unloading Caligrapher and seeing if the problem continues.

mr_Ray
10-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Th only odd thing I've noticed with Wisbar Advanced on my 2215 is that there's no way to close the Cleartype Tuner - the OK button is there on everything else, but just blank for that.

Everything else is unaffected, so that really is quite strange. :?:

Jolard
10-07-2003, 12:20 AM
I have a similar problem with Wisbar. Every so often my wisbar will just freeze up and I have to soft reboot. Usually this occurs after using something else that is fairly intensive, like media player, or some games. It is kind of annoying, but I put up with it because I like the Wisbar functions. I uninstalled it once, had no more problems, but then re-installed again because I missed it so much :?

Anyway, maybe I need a new version?