View Full Version : Attachments?

mangas
10-04-2003, 11:41 PM
Hello,
I'm new to the Pocket PC and I love it! Prior Palm user for many years. I just got an Ipaq 2215, and I connect it to my cellular phone via Bluetooth.

Anyone know how I can send an attachment (such as a small JPEG) via wireless web? I tried to go to Yahoo Mail, and compose an email, and send it via an attachment, but I couldn't send attachments. I can't find a Web browser that supports it.

Any tips?

Thanks,
CT

Jason Dunn
10-05-2003, 05:02 AM
Pocket Internet Explorer still doesn't support attachments, even though this issue was flagged as a bug back in 2000. Microsoft doesn't feel it's important enough to fix yet. :( There is no fix, no solution - other than getting a real POP3 account and using Pocket Inbox to send attachments. There's a Hotmail plugin for Pocket Inbox, and that might allow you to send attachments, but I'm not aware of anything for Yahoo Mail.

mangas
10-07-2003, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the info!! I think I can send attachments that way.

Now only if I can get my phone to connect with my iPaq 2215. Anyone have experience connecting a Sony Ericsson T61c with a DBA-10 Bluetooth adaptor, to an iPaq 2215. Sometimes the 2 don't recognize each other. When they recognize each other, there are problems connecting to the Verizon network. Can you only connect with Express Network, or can you also connect via QNC (Quick 2 Net)?

I wish I would have known that Bluetooth is so difficult to use.

Thanks,
CT

Janak Parekh
10-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Now only if I can get my phone to connect with my iPaq 2215. Anyone have experience connecting a Sony Ericsson T61c with a DBA-10 Bluetooth adaptor, to an iPaq 2215. Sometimes the 2 don't recognize each other.
Ooooh! 8O You're one of the few with an 1xRTT Bluetooth phone!

I've got to say you'll find help few and far between. :cry: The T61c was ever so rare, as Verizon never sold it directly, and the DBA-10 even more so. That said...

When they recognize each other, there are problems connecting to the Verizon network. Can you only connect with Express Network, or can you also connect via QNC (Quick 2 Net)?
In theory, you should be able to use both. EN uses #777, while QNC uses #7772 as its dial code. There are some guides on the web that instruct how to use serial/USB cables; perhaps those would help?

I wish I would have known that Bluetooth is so difficult to use.
I'll avoid the debate here by saying, merely, that you're using a rather unofficial BT setup, and that you might have a tougher time than people with, say, GSM BT phones. That said, good luck and please post your results here -- I've never heard anything conclusive about a T61c + DBA-10 + Pocket PC!

--janak

mangas
10-09-2003, 03:54 AM
You sound more excited than me :D

Thanks for the info about #7772. I don't have express network (do you blame me for not wanting to pay $80 a month?) :), so I've been trying to connect via QNC. I've been using #777 as a dialing number, but my phone says "cannot make the data call". I've asked techs at Verizon and Sony Ericsson and they refer me to each other. :devilboy:

I'll try the #7772. :) By the way, I've connected accidentaly to the network without using any minutes. And the connection is really fast. I think this is some kind of error, where I can connect for free to the network. I just have to figure out how to do that consistently :wink:

I'll post a message if I have any luck.

CT