View Full Version : iPAQ looses Bluetooth virtual-serial-port connection

slomoman
10-04-2003, 05:06 PM
I etablished a virtual serial port connection via Bluetooth from my PDA (iPAQ5450) to my Laptop (IBM T30, integr. Bluetooth).
I can etablish one connection from laptop to pda, that arrives on Port COM5: and another connection from pda to laptop that starts at port COM8:.
However, after about 1 or 2 minutes, the connection is disconnected again, although i do nothing.

Help! What can I do? Has anybody had similar trouble?

thx

dolphs
10-15-2003, 07:19 AM
Well, if you can still do it - take your bluetooth stuff back to the store and get a refund! That is what I did after trying to solve the same problem you are having - and the uninstall of BlueTooth software on my Windows XP PC caused a problem with my dial-up networing config that I have yet to be able to fix.

In trying to get advice on this, various people told me to make sure the blue tooth devices were not too near a 2.4gig wireless phone and try to avoid using a USB hub for any of the blue tooth transmitter gadgets, but that can cause another problem if you plug them in on the back of your PC. My short term solution was just to but another dam docking cradle for the 2215.