View Full Version : Problems with the alarms on my 1945

hdsalinas
10-03-2003, 06:21 PM
I just got my 1945 last night. After owning a jornada 540, an ipaq 3650 with the CF jacket, I cant get used to the lack of weight and small size! I love it!! :) :D :lol: :mrgreen:

The only problem I am now having is the alarms. I had 4 alarms set to go off this morning and only one worked.

6am I did not hear it. Maybe it did go off or maybe it did not... who knows., but i usually get up with the weakest beep.

7am. Second alarm did not go off. Luckly I had my cellphone alarm to wake me up at seven (never fails). But i notice something weird on the ipaqs screen. The amber light was off but the screen seemed on but black. I think that I had to reset it.

7:30am Only the blinking amber light was on. (no screen or sound)

7:50am Finally worked!

If it wasn´t for my cellphone I would still be sleeping I cant count on these alarms.

I have Pocket Plus installed and I read somewhere that it actually messed up your alarms on PPC2003. Is this true?

Can anyone give me some input about this problem?

hdsalinas
10-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Well I uninstalled Pocket Plus and the problem seems to be over... for now. I tried setting some alarms and they worked.

KiLLiN-TiMe
10-04-2003, 12:13 PM
this is a known issue with the Ipaq 2003 ppc's. if you go to the pocket plus website they talk about it.
do a search and you should be able to find the work around in this site or others. It involves the ipaq backup and a certin file.

royisher
10-04-2003, 07:31 PM
this is a known issue with the Ipaq 2003 ppc's. if you go to the pocket plus website they talk about it.
do a search and you should be able to find the work around in this site or others. It involves the ipaq backup and a certin file.

I have iPAQ 1935 with Pocket Plus, and everything works ok.. no problems...

KiLLiN-TiMe
10-04-2003, 09:46 PM
I have iPAQ 1935 with Pocket Plus, and everything works ok.. no problems...
I have a hp 2215 and my friend has a hp 1945. We both had this issue but we got the work around to take care of this problem. Not sure why it isn't an issue with yours.

seeker
10-05-2003, 06:14 PM
What work around did you get to solve the problem?

I have the 5450 with no alarm/reminders going off. I downloaded and installed the Sprite wakeup service software... no results at all. Still a problem.

Hope to follow your lead....

Thanks for your help
:?:

KiLLiN-TiMe
10-06-2003, 11:11 AM
What work around did you get to solve the problem?

I have the 5450 with no alarm/reminders going off. I downloaded and installed the Sprite wakeup service software... no results at all. Still a problem.

Hope to follow your lead....

Thanks for your help
:?:
You have to also enable the backup service to run every day. Under "Schedule" I have mine set up to run "Daily" at "12:01am" and make sure you DONT have the "Battery Monitor" enabled.
Thats it! Hope it helps. :way to go:

rnuqui
10-09-2003, 07:16 AM
You have to also enable the backup service to run every day. Under "Schedule" I have mine set up to run "Daily" at "12:01am" and make sure you DONT have the "Battery Monitor" enabled.

This is weird! The Brighthand forum says to turn off both scheduled backup and battery monitor to bypass the problem. Guess that until now, there's no definite answer to this alarm problem. I wonder what's taking MS so long in fixing this? Too low priority?? :roll:

KiLLiN-TiMe
10-09-2003, 10:53 AM

This is weird! The Brighthand forum says to turn off both scheduled backup and battery monitor to bypass the problem. Guess that until now, there's no definite answer to this alarm problem. I wonder what's taking MS so long in fixing this? Too low priority?? :roll:

I'm not quite sure where you saw that because this is what I was seeing....enable ipaq backup scheduling, daily, please don't check "enable battery monitor". click OK and exit the backup program.

To be honest, I don't think it matters about the battery monitor. I think that the "newer" sprite wakeup service and making your machine wake up everyday before it's first alarm is the key.

rnuqui
10-13-2003, 06:16 AM
I'm not quite sure where you saw that because this is what I was seeing....enable ipaq backup scheduling, daily, please don't check "enable battery monitor". click OK and exit the backup program.

To be honest, I don't think it matters about the battery monitor. I think that the "newer" sprite wakeup service and making your machine wake up everyday before it's first alarm is the key.

You mean you have to get up every morning just to get your alarm to wake you up later? :|

Here's where I got it, just in case you're still interested:

Try turning off battery monitor and/or Automatic backup in the iPaq backup software and see if that works. Several people have been digging on this problem and the power off issue, and it may have been narrowed to that.

I tried a number of ways: set up auto-backup, turn it off, even uninstall Pocket Plus, just to see if any would work. No such luck! :(