View Full Version : iPAQ h1945 screen broken, a little over 30 days of use

nic
10-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Grumble grumble...
I'm a little dissapointed in the design of this little thing. The screen broke from being in my pocket!?!?!??! I never dropped it, it never hit up against anything... the best i can figure, is that while sitting my pants put preasure up against it and the screen cracked from the inside. I was very dissapointed though. So are pocket pc's still not ready for my freaken pocket?!?!?

If i can't carry this thing around in my pocket i don't think i'll enjoy it very much. :(

HP is going to fix it for free, even though I bought it more then 30 days ago. Get the year to two year service plans people....I didn't and now I'm going to be paranoid to all hell.

-Nic

karinatwork
10-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Hey nic,

get a nice aluminum hard case from Proporta or Moonlight Technology or even on ebay... I carry my h1910 in my pocket all the time, it even dropped on the floor a couple of times, and never a problem.

Just an idea. :)

Karin

nic
10-03-2003, 04:28 PM
good thought. I think i'll take your advice. Do these hard cases add much bulk to it though? I'm willing to deal with a little extra bulk to keep my iPaq safe.

I must admit, i really loved the thing just in my pocket! It was real accessable and I could hardly feel that it was even there. The screen seemed protected enough from scratches with just a writeright, but i never anticipated an actuall cracking of the screen.

How accessable are they with the case?

Thanks for the reply.
-Nic

karinatwork
10-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Well, I researched the "case factor" for a while and one of the major issues was how much bulk they added to pocket pc. There are probably cases out there that add less bulk to it (i.e. the Sena or Vaja case), but I still prefer the sleek look and feel of the aluminum case. Plus personally I can't think of anything safer than that.

At the thickest part, the case is 0.75" thick. It is 4.5" long and 3" wide. So it is not adding a lot of bulk. I also like the case because the device is easy to take out of. There is still nothing nicer than a "naked" Ipaq. ;)

Hope that helps.

K.

sylvangale
10-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Aluminum cases are generally thinner than their leather counterparts. Innopocket and Rhinoskin also provide aluminum cases.

Here's a Gadgeteer review of the Innopocket Aluminum case:
http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/innopocket-1910-case-review.html

(All the cases pretty much look the same... probably from the same source. So it really doesn't matter from who you buy from)