View Full Version : PCMCIA to CF Adapter...

Lord_Zelo
10-02-2003, 11:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this PCMCIA to CF adapter, is something like this a good idea, I mean, do these things have problems recognizing CF card's when they are plugged into the adapter? Has anyone had any problems with these sort of things? pro's/con's please?

Link to one on PriceGrabber is:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=840024/search=pqi/ut=3fe2567de04be235

bmhome1
10-03-2003, 12:54 AM
They work fine, just a pin adaptor device, no electronics inside.

Mark_Venture
10-03-2003, 01:37 AM
Just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this PCMCIA to CF adapter, is something like this a good idea, I mean, do these things have problems recognizing CF card's when they are plugged into the adapter? Has anyone had any problems with these sort of things? pro's/con's please?... I have two different ones. One is by PNY, the other is by IBM (its from a Microdrive)
I've used them to read/write CF memory cards in my laptop (ibm thinkpad T23) as well as use my Ambicom CF wi-fi card in the laptop.

They work fine.

stevemw
10-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Besides everything mentioned above I now use this type of adapter to use a wireless CF lan card in my pc card expansion sleeve.