View Full Version : Calligrapher 7.0 beta

dh
10-02-2003, 08:27 PM
I've always wanted to use Calligrapher but one problem or another has always made me give up.

This morning I downloaded the beta version of the new version 7.0 and I've been enjoying using it so far. There are a lot of new features and the file size is smaller as well.

Check it out at http://www.calligrapher.net/ if you are interested in trying it.

Stephen Beesley
10-07-2003, 09:05 AM
I've always wanted to use Calligrapher but one problem or another has always made me give up.

This morning I downloaded the beta version of the new version 7.0 and I've been enjoying using it so far. There are a lot of new features and the file size is smaller as well.

Check it out at http://www.calligrapher.net/ if you are interested in trying it.

Hmm - looks good. I am a great HWR fan but sofar Calligrapher has not proven itself to me to be better than Transcriber. But I think I will have to surf over and give this new beta a try.

nice_micael
10-07-2003, 01:51 PM
Actullay i think this is a good beta and now im finally beeing able to type my own laanguage with calligrapher.

KH
10-07-2003, 05:56 PM
I've been a Calligrapher fan for a long time - I even used it on my 70Mhz Compaq Aero! It runs very well on my IPAQ 2210, and I make heavy use of the Pen Command macros. I participated in the 6.x beta and found the quality to stay pretty high. I use it for all note taking and data entry, so I can't wait to try this beta.

dh
10-19-2003, 01:45 AM
The Calligrapher 7.0 beta is up to version 3 now.

I'm finding that I'm using it far move than Fitaly, it's working out really well. Not quite as fast as Fitaly but I prefer writing to tapping. After the frustrations I had with earlier versions, I'm enjoying using it now.

It looks as though the finished version is going to be available early December, so another software investment is going to have to be made.

PeO
10-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Actullay i think this is a good beta and now im finally beeing able to type my own laanguage with calligrapher.

Does this mean that you can use the Swedish Å, Ä, Ö accented characters?

Jereboam
10-22-2003, 04:11 PM
I assume a language pack is available for Swedish?

I trialled version 6, and when I saw that version 7 had a customisable toolbar and integrated with Phatpad, I had to give it another go...and have to say it's been well worth it. The beta seems pretty stable and I'm looking forward to the finished product. The antialiased ink (ie smooth) is also a pleasure.

Well worth signing up for...

I found it strange that they stated to leave the default letter shapes on...do you not get better recognition if you customise them to your writing style?

J'bm

dh
10-23-2003, 03:47 AM
I believe the only thing you gain by customising the shapes might be a bit of speed. Less possibilities for the software to have to compare your pen strokes with.

When I've tried out previous versions, I've played with customising. With this version the only configuration change I've made is to make the recognition time delay 150. That gives me time for dotting and crossing without having to wait for the recognizer to catch up.

dh
10-23-2003, 03:48 AM
I believe the only thing you gain by customising the shapes might be a bit of speed. Less possibilities for the software to have to compare your pen strokes with.

When I've tried out previous versions, I've played with customising. With this version the only configuration change I've made is to make the recognition time delay 150. That gives me time for dotting and crossing without having to wait for the recognizer to catch up.

nice_micael
10-24-2003, 02:02 PM

Does this mean that you can use the Swedish Å, Ä, Ö accented characters?

Actually havenot figured that out yet untill that i use the swedish keyboard wich builit in in callighrapher .