View Full Version : Argh I did something bad

Erie
10-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Somehow my font seems to have spread out. I havent added any screenies or font type programs. But now some of the fields run off the right side of the screen and when i go to the memory section and highlight a running program the field for closing those programs doesnt even show up.

Any Ideas what I did or how do I hard set on a Ipaq 3835

Thanks in advance

Anthony Caruana
10-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Somehow my font seems to have spread out. I havent added any screenies or font type programs. But now some of the fields run off the right side of the screen and when i go to the memory section and highlight a running program the field for closing those programs doesnt even show up.

Any Ideas what I did or how do I hard set on a Ipaq 3835

Thanks in advance

Before doing a hard reset I would

1 - take a backup of your device
2 - Download and install Regking (I think there is a link for it at www.cewindows.net
3 - Apply the hack that restores the Font size to 14 (the default)

Hopefully, this should restore your system font to the default and resolve the issue

Erie
10-02-2003, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the reply.

It wasnt long after I finished the back up that this started. So I have a recent back up done.

Downloaded Regking but it will not open. Says "no application associated"

Downloaded this version

Or RegKing2002 for Pocket PC 2002 devices...

I have a Pocket PC 2002 device (Compaq 3800, Toshiba, HP 56x, etc.)
I have a Pocket PC 2002 device, but would like a Mac installer.

I run a Ipaq 3835

Sigh

So if I cant figure this out how do i hard set?

Anthony Caruana
10-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Hi

Did you d/l Regking to your PC or your PPC? The one I have is a cab file. If you copy this to your PPC you hould be able to click it from there and it will install.

A hard reset is done by pressing buttons 1 and 4 on the front of your ipaq and the reset button on the back at the same time. You'll need to hold the buttons down for a few seconds. Then, press the reset button again to restart the device.

Note, you'll need to reinstall all your apps, etc.

Try to get Regking going before doing the hard reset, it should fix things for you.

Erie
10-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Ok when I download the regking it downloads 3 files as 000, 001, and 002 files not cabs like his site says.

Thanks for all the input btw

Erie
10-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Ok got Reg edit downloaded i was dowloading on pc then imputing to ppc but i got the correct response webbing in the ppc.

Unfourtunatly i still have the same problem and some of the scroll bars are off the screen to the right.

Ran self test came out ok ran screen alignement and came out ok once and once i couldnt get the points on the right.

Ill play with RegKing and then prob hard boot.

Thanks again

Erie
10-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Success.

I forgot to soft boot after making the changes in reg king.

all is back in shape now.

Thanks SOOOO much.

You Aussies are great peeps

Anthony Caruana
10-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Happy to have helped. Glad you managed to avoid the hard reset.