View Full Version : Two PPCs, Two PCs, 1 Outlook

ChristopherTD
10-02-2003, 01:20 PM
Because of an unexpected windfall I have migrated to a 5550 and my wife has inherited my 5450.

I don't use Outlook for mail on my PC, only for Contacts and Calendar. My wife doesn't use Outlook at all, and she has her own PC. I would like to share Contacts and Calendar.

Is it even feasible to consider trying to share the same Outlook PST file and having both iPaqs sync to it? At the moment I keep the same PST file on both machines by a manual copy process, but that is one-way, my copy is definitive and always overwrites her copy (which is only a backup).

Both PCs are networked together, but are rarely on at the same time, and my laptop is often removed from the house altogether so having the PST located on one only would be awkward and unworkable (I think).

What I want to avoid is her capturing Contacts which I then overwrite or otherwise destroy. This would be BAD.

I don't want to have two contact databases, though if there was some way of sensibly syncing them I would accept that.

I would like to avoid a server based solution, as I don't have a spare machine and I don't think it warrants a third-party Internet based solution.

Any ideas or suggestions of how to set this up?

Thanks