View Full Version : Belkin or iogear BT adapter?

hdsalinas
10-02-2003, 02:11 AM
Which one?

IOGear Bluetooth to USB Adapter GBU301

or

Belkin Bluetooth™ USB Adapter Part # F8T001

I want to get one of these two for my ipaq 1945. They look pretty much the same. Which one should I get?

I did not see a blue LED on the IOGear, (I like those) does it have one?

thanks

JustinGTP
10-02-2003, 02:59 AM
The Belking one (Part # F8T001) Is pretty good and it has the LED. If you can buy one, get the Version 2, NOT the version 1. You can tell the difference by the Version 2 HAS NO antenna, but still is 100 Metres.

-Justin

I have the Belkin one and its pretty good, I havent had any experience with the Iogear, but Jason recommended it nicely.

Hank Scorpio
10-02-2003, 03:37 AM
I bought a iogear and a penblue (I think that's what it's called) but I like the penblue better, it has an led and the icon in the taskbar turns green when a connection is made, the iogear never works and the icon doesn't change, may be trivial but it makes for a better bluetooth experience.

JustinGTP
10-02-2003, 04:03 AM
Same with the Belking, it comes with EXCELLENT install software and the Icon goes blue when a connection is made, and accompanies with Windows XP, there are lots of notifications, very, very handy.

-Justin.

hdsalinas
10-02-2003, 06:03 AM
The Belking one (Part # F8T001) Is pretty good and it has the LED. If you can buy one, get the Version 2, NOT the version 1. You can tell the difference by the Version 2 HAS NO antenna, but still is 100 Metres.

Yes I saw that one at belkin´s website. Amazon had the old ones, but I dont know if they are selling the new ones already. Do you know if amazon sells these? Being outside the U.S. I can only buy stuff at amazon. Other websites dont accept international orders or credit cards :?

I think that the blue led would make troucleshooting easier. Also it makes the PC looks cool. (Blue LED are "in" :way to go:

JustinGTP
10-02-2003, 06:08 AM
hmm, Im not sure, you would have to email them and ask. I got mine at CompuCentre here in Canada, a Canadian company.

-Justin