View Full Version : Please read.....

OregonTex
10-01-2003, 04:48 PM
So driving to work yesterday, my PDA decided it wanted to try a sip of coffee....and it didnt like. So my 1910 is taking a permanent dirt nap now. :(

So...the replacement hunt begins. Can the 1935/1945 use the 1910's cradle and other accessories (case, etc)? I have heard yes, and I have heard no. Any clue?!?!?

Not sure what I want to get this time around....1935....1945 (what would I use Bluetooth for?!?)....the new Dell Axim X3 when it comes out....another iPaq (without breaking the bank)?? If another iPaq, which one??? Where can I get one as cheap as possible?!?

Jason Dunn
10-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Hi! You're new here, so you probably didn't know this, but a subject line of "Please Read" is vague and generally quite useless. It's much better to pick a subject line that is related to the topic of your post. You can edit your own message, so I'd encourage you to update the subject line to something more applicable. :D

Regarding your question, yes, the cables/cases/etc. that fit on the 1910 should work just fine on the 1945 and 1930 - they're exactly the same size in every way

Welcome to the site! :way to go:

JustinGTP
10-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Yes, welcome,

and also,

The 2215 is a relatively cheap iPAQ that is super nice, but I dont know how much would break your bank :D

-Justin.

easylife
10-02-2003, 11:04 PM
The 2215 is a relatively cheap iPAQ that is super nice, but I dont know how much would break your bank :D
Getting a new PPC with a different form factor would mean getting all new accessories for it as well. Perhaps you could wait until the 4000 series comes out - it will have built-in WiFi and a number of other improovments in the same basic shape and form factor of the 1910. :D

JustinGTP
10-02-2003, 11:52 PM
But the 2215 comes with a case, USB docking station, AC Charger, and everything else you need too.

-Justin.

But I do see your point easylife, and maybe the 4000 would be better, especially if you liked the 1910.

DrtyBlvd
10-03-2003, 12:48 AM
Bluetooth thread of choice here: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18399&highlight=bluetooth but there are many to chose from! (Search at top right for bluetooth and you'll see what I mean!!) :lol:

Chris Spera
10-03-2003, 01:23 AM
eBay is always a good site to check for good deals. I was able to get a 3635 recently (bought it as a gift) for under $100.

You have to really watch the auctions, but you might be able to come across something worth while that is affordable.

If you don't want to do the auction thing, Costco is a great place to buy electronics, and they have a dynamite return policy. Costco Online is where I got my 5455 early this year.

As far as which PDA to get... I have a 1945 and love it. ITs much better than the 1910 IMHO, but I am a little biased. The 1945 can use BlueTooth for ActiveSync, or for short range communications. I use BlueTooth for GPS and for AcitveSync on both my 1945 and my 5455; but since you have a cradle already...

Honestly, since you have some money invested in 1900 accessories, its probably in your bank account's best interest for you to stick with the 1900 series. I would get the 194x instead of the 193x. The price difference is relatively small, and you get a faster processor and BlueTooth.

Hope that helps!

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera