View Full Version : Windows Mobile 2003 on iPaq 5450

Myrddin
10-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Hey all,
I resisted the temptation to buy a 5550 and waited patiently for my upgrade for my 5450.

IT ARRIVED

I just completed the upgrade -- wow it's alot faster!

Now i'm wondering what i should watch out for in WM2003. I've heard about some issues with alarms and other stuff?

Can you folks give me any pointers on what to expect? Links? Advice? Thanks!

Also, can someone tell me what the ROM version should be?

I'd also be happy to answer any questions to 5450/5455 owners about the upgrade.

madbart
10-02-2003, 10:49 AM
2.00.21eng. I have been running it for 2 months without an issues. The only application that i cannot get to function is Perfect Home by twopeaks.com

Andrew
10-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Did any of you try installing the WiFi firmware and driver updates from the HP site? What gets me the most is that even though its a firmware update it installs into RAM and not ROM... still installing it helped with accessing some networks.

Ive only had the upgrade installed for a day though, but so far it sometimes seems really snappy and others sluggish, and I dont have all my apps back on yet.

One other thing, when I do a soft reset, I get the typical HP 'splashscreen' showing the rom version, but then I get a white screen that stays there for about 5-7 seconds before the password prompt appears. Anyone else get this?

TIA

Andrew

Myrddin
10-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Did any of you try installing the WiFi firmware and driver updates from the HP site? What gets me the most is that even though its a firmware update it installs into RAM and not ROM... still installing it helped with accessing some networks.

Ive only had the upgrade installed for a day though, but so far it sometimes seems really snappy and others sluggish, and I dont have all my apps back on yet.

One other thing, when I do a soft reset, I get the typical HP 'splashscreen' showing the rom version, but then I get a white screen that stays there for about 5-7 seconds before the password prompt appears. Anyone else get this?

TIA

Andrew

I still haven't got around to installing any WiFi updates. It's working fine for me as is :)

I get the white screen thing. It's mildly annoying, but I can live with it.

Andrew
10-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Thanks for letting me know - I have the same attitude as you atm, annoying but can live with, still would like to know what causes it though.

yeche
10-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Well I have 2 critical problems
1. BT is hangingup after 2 seconds
2. When I am trying to Sync via Wlan I connected as guest without the ability to Sync
I have the issue with the delay at startup

putthegundownkinkade
10-10-2003, 11:13 AM
i'm still on the 1.11xx Rom upgrade for ppc2002 and i get the white screen when i do a soft reset, it could be because you're not getting it to show you your ersonal details and so now you're noticing the delay. My 2003 upgrade is scheduled to turn up today after a short month and a half wait, well done HP that's quick by their standards :roll:

Will

Bob Anderson
10-10-2003, 02:31 PM
As for the issue of the white screen after doing a soft reset... have you tried disconnecting all memory cards and expansion packs?

I thought I read somewhere that memory cards (in particular SD cards) for some reason can take a while to "initialize" when the system first "boots" up.

Don't quote this as gospel, but I think this has been identified as a cause of slowdowns on "startup".