View Full Version : What to do, what to do???

Kevin C. Tofel
09-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Ok....this is really starting to become a comedy of errors.....or is it just me? :?:

We all know the "history" of the WM2003 upgrade for Dell, so I won't rehash that. We also know that Dell is required to contact folks via e-mail for consent to continue the order after a delay. I believe that they have to do this every 30 days or so.

As a good Axim-ite, I replied faithfully to all of my e-mails indicating that I would like to continue with my order, which I placed in June. You can imagine my joy when I received my update CD about a week ago. To Dell's credit, the upgrade went flawlessly and I am very happy with the product.

Lo and behold: I just recieved another e-mail indicating that my order will be delayed until November 7th! I normally have a HUGE problem with a company that doesn't care enough to know about their customer. A typical example: when I get a mail offer for a low rate credit card from a bank that I already have a credit card with, I usually throw out the offer AND cancel my existing card with them. Maybe I'm too tough on them, but in this day and age, I expect that they know who their customer base is! :evil:

So just for fun: what to do, what to do???
In all honesty, I will probably contact them so that the order shows as complete.....I don't want to "steal" the upgrade.....

KCT

ctmagnus
10-01-2003, 12:06 AM
I'd contact them by whatever means and inform them that you already received the order, and that the Nov 7 shipment should be cancelled.

jake080
10-01-2003, 12:32 AM
this is all to familiar, but with $405 worth of x5 and extras.
i recieved it, and sent it back, got all my money back, and am waiting on something like x3, but with bt, wifi, and CF!
so, this is not very helpful, make your own decision, i think youll do fine.
~Jake

PetiteFlower
10-01-2003, 01:35 AM
They know you got your order. I'm sure this was just a system glitch and if you look in your account history it will show the order as shipped. That email was set to go out automatically and someone forgot to turn it off. You might as well reply and let them know they screwed up in sending it to you but they are not going to cancel your order when they actually already shipped it, they keep very good track of what goes in and out of their warehouse!

shawnc
10-01-2003, 01:59 AM
Kevin,

I speak from experience. Cancel the order. After months of waiting, I finally decided to respond to Dells offer to cancel my order. 2 weeks later I receive an update CD in the mail. Go figure. I planned on sending it back, but after a couple of days decided to take the plunge. Worst money I ever spent. I don't see any worthwhile improvements in 2003. I can only hope they don't charge my amex since technically I did cancel the order.

Kevin C. Tofel
10-01-2003, 03:47 AM
They know you got your order. I'm sure this was just a system glitch and if you look in your account history it will show the order as shipped. That email was set to go out automatically and someone forgot to turn it off. You might as well reply and let them know they screwed up in sending it to you but they are not going to cancel your order when they actually already shipped it, they keep very good track of what goes in and out of their warehouse!

Normally, I would agree, however before I posted my original post, I checked my order status. It still shows as "In Production" which has been the status since June. I would expect the status to be automated and accurate.....

KCT

Kati Compton
10-01-2003, 04:54 AM
Normally, I would agree, however before I posted my original post, I checked my order status. It still shows as "In Production" which has been the status since June. I would expect the status to be automated and accurate...
Back when I ordered my Axim last year, the online status was out-of-date for quite some time after I received my order. Try calling the phone status line - that was more accurate. If the phone status also indicates that another copy of the update is coming your way, *then* call customer service.

Kevin C. Tofel
10-02-2003, 01:04 AM
Ok....I replied to the order delay e-mail indicating that I have already received it......let's see what happens....

KCT