View Full Version : Problems w/ software when using Active syn 3.7 for my E-125

Autotechnica
09-30-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey guys,

I just got an E-125 used today and I'm loving it. I have a few problems with some software I've downloaded from the Microsoft website.

First off, what's the difference between Pocket PC 2002 and Windows CE? Are they the same thing?

I've downloaded Microsoft Theme editor which is suppose to change the background screen and icons, colours, etc. When using Active Syn 3.7 it says that the software isn't compatable with my device. Why is this? This software was also recommended on Casio's website.

2nd, I have also tried to download Microsoft Plus update which addes lots of image tools and patches to current Pocket PC programs, still says it's not compatable!

I've installed lots of patches, updates and service packs and I still get the same message. Am I missing something here? Please let me know if any of you have found a solution or are having the same problems.

I've managed to install about 50% of the things I've downloaded. All MIPS and microsoft software.

Thanks!

Bryan

The Yaz
09-30-2003, 04:25 PM
First off, Windows CE is the OS before Pocket PC 2002. The only compatability in software used by the two OS' was the Ipaqs because they used ARM processors.

The E125 uses a MIPS processor. Most of the software you can use will be compiled for MIPS or flash (if you install the driver).

There are some places you can go to download older software

www.handango.com

www.pocketgear.com

You can also go to Casio for updates

http://www.casio.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support.content&page=/support/software/casssoftware.html

It is a good PDA, unfortunately it's like having Win95 when everyone else has XP.

Good Luck,

Steve 8)

davidspalding
10-01-2003, 04:48 AM
as mentioned in t'other thread, the 125 featured Pocket PC (2000) OS, so any software or utilities that require Pocket PC 2002 or Windows Mobile for PPC 2003 will not work. the 125 is not upgradeable to Pocket PC 2002.

but .. for the price ... the 125 is a buttswankin' unit. i use Gigabar and Calendar Plus and ghisler.com's Total Commander CE and several of PHM.LU's utilities, and have no envy of the newer, shinier PDAs. well, until i play with one with built-in WiFi.