View Full Version : Run program when started

rdodd
09-30-2003, 03:43 PM
I am trying to run a application installed on my pocketpc when I turn the PPC on. Does anyone know how to do this natively without a third party application and WITHOUT touching any buttons at all totaly hands free except of course for turning the unit on. Any help would be great. 0X

upplepop
09-30-2003, 04:00 PM
Open File Explorer, find the executable to the application you want to run automatically, tap and hold and copy the file. Navigate to Windows/Start Up tap on the Edit menu and Paste Shortcut. Now the program will start automatically after a soft reset.

I hope this is what you meant. If, on the other hand, you want a program to run every time you turn the device on, I don't know of any method other than making sure the program's running when you power down the device.

Kaber
09-30-2003, 06:24 PM
CeRunAppAtEvent(_T("\\MyApp.exe"), NOTIFICATION_EVENT_WAKEUP);

rdodd
09-30-2003, 07:24 PM
Where should I put this string in the registry??

Zack Mahdavi
04-12-2004, 12:50 AM
CeRunAppAtEvent(_T("\\MyApp.exe"), NOTIFICATION_EVENT_WAKEUP);

Yeah, where does this string go? In the registry?

Kaber
04-12-2004, 02:27 AM
http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/run_at_startup.html

Sorry. It's EVB code.

Kowalski
04-12-2004, 11:46 AM
[/quote]Open File Explorer, find the executable to the application you want to run automatically, tap and hold and copy the file. Navigate to Windows/Start Up tap on the Edit menu and Paste Shortcut. Now the program will start automatically after a soft reset.

i didnt try it but it seems that this works just after a soft reset.

Zack Mahdavi
04-13-2004, 02:33 AM
Open File Explorer, find the executable to the application you want to run automatically, tap and hold and copy the file. Navigate to Windows/Start Up tap on the Edit menu and Paste Shortcut. Now the program will start automatically after a soft reset.

Thanks! This seems to work really well for programs that are installed on main memory. However, it seems to cause problems for programs installed on a memory card.

Sven Johannsen
04-13-2004, 03:21 AM

Thanks! This seems to work really well for programs that are installed on main memory. However, it seems to cause problems for programs installed on a memory card.

That is actually to be expected. There are drivers that are required to access memory cards, RAM disks, and even the extra user accessible ROM area some PPCs have. If those drivers are not fully functional before the OS tries to 'run' that startup app, it may not be able to get to it. That is why most apps of this nature need to be installed into Main RAM.

KenClunk
04-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Maybe you can try to figure out what driver it is that needs to be ran first. Then do the same thing by copying it to startup. I have no idea if this would even be possible or if it would read the driver before the other app but it was just a thought.

Kaber
04-13-2004, 11:34 PM

What kind of memory card is it?

UPDATE: Oh I see u have a 4155. It must be an SD card.