View Full Version : Thread locked...

davidspalding
09-28-2003, 05:13 AM
C'mon Steve, if you're going to lock a thread, post the reason so others can learn and not make the same mistake. Only takes another 45 seconds, if you type reasonably fast. ;)

Steven Cedrone
09-28-2003, 05:44 AM
Which thread are we talking about? I've locked a few here... :?:

Steve

delfuhd
09-28-2003, 01:22 PM
I think he means http://pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18614

It does seem like it was randomly locked...

Steven Cedrone
09-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Oh...

Actually, it wasn't "randomly" locked... :wink:

Notice, I didn't delete or edit the original post in any way. When the original poster talked about converting his .lit files to another format, there wasn't a problem with that. Heck, if you get an ebook and because of time/resources/whatever, the author or publisher does not release it in the format that you use, why not convert it to the format of your choice? ConvertLit is a great tool for that, and I didn't see any problems with it. That being said, the second post immidiately started talking about stripping DRM protection from ebooks (something else that ConvertLit does very well). Because I didn't want the thread to turn into a discussion about removing DRM protection from ebooks, I locked it...

Hope that satisfies your curiosity as to why I locked the thread... :wink:

Steve

davidspalding
09-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Bad choice of words on my part. <blush> I really meant "locked without explicit explanation." Which was clear to me. But wasn't specified in the thread. If you'd cut and paste your explanation here to that thread, then other dumbbells who scratch their heads could read your reasons and learn. Otherwise, it just looks like the mod didn't liked the thread and locked it.