View Full Version : pocket backup

dave3
09-27-2003, 07:40 PM
first off I din't know that the ipaq backup and the sprite pocket backup are the same thing and I got sprite backup. OOOPS.

Second I am finally getting a replacement device from hp (identical model etc.)

I was told by sprite NOT to do a full restore. But if I don't do a full restore I have nothing on my ppc (no apps anymore). What is the harm in just restoring everything including the system. The only thing I can think of is that it overwrites Your mac address.

ChristopherTD
09-27-2003, 09:36 PM
Why did Sprite tell you not to do a full restore? I just did that with my replacement 5450 and it seems to work alright. My POP mail accounts were messed up and I had to delete them and re-enter the details, and I had to reactivate MS Reader, but everything else survived (I think).

Just curious to know whether I now have a ticking time bomb!

dave3
09-27-2003, 10:38 PM
I am not exactly sure except for the mac address. I notice that when You do a full hard reset and look in asset viewer there is no mac it is blank. Then if You turn on wireless control it assigns a mac. I noticed when I did a full restore it overwrites the mac with the old mac.

BTW have You ever gotten an error ms read cant access the book. I have not once been able to read my one and only e book and it is really tickin me off.