View Full Version : VGA screen resolution

carrigaline
09-27-2003, 05:39 AM
Hi,

I was reading an old thread there and have a question that maybe some of you could answer for me.........

If it happens that higher resolution is facilitated by a future OS or OS update - then does that mean that you have to buy a new device with one of these new hardware screens (640 x 480 or whatever)............. or is it the OS software which allows you to have better resolution on your current screen hardware (i.e. any current pocket pc could suffice in terms of hardware)? :oops:

Thanks for your help!

darrylb
09-27-2003, 05:59 AM
I suspect you will need to buy new hardware.

If you think of a computers LCD screen, its resolution os restricted by the manufacturer, not the OS. I suspect it will be the same on PocketPC's.

carrigaline
09-27-2003, 06:09 AM
In that case.........is this something to wait around for? (I know you have to jump at some point but this would be the first increase in resolution since these started) I guess I am wondering if it matters that much in terms of user experience? Has anybody used a device with higher resolution?

I was thinking of getting one of the 4150s when they come out but if this is a major step improvement in quality then it may be worth waiting 6 months or whatever............

darrylb
09-27-2003, 08:03 AM
I think the 4000 series would be a good time to jump in. Once you have a PocketPC it normally becomes indispensable very quickly.

I budget to upgrade once a year or so. This way I stay on top of the latest stuff. If you are prepared to be without the device for a week or so, you wont loose much on the upgrade either. I made $10 on my last upgrade (3970 -> 2210).

Jump now (or soon). VGA is still vapour.